Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Adams joined another forum under a different name to praise himself. He was found out and admitted it. Then he went on to explain that he was a certified genius and everyone else was too stupid to understand his greatness. Ultimately he quit or was banned, I forget which. He is certified alright, a certified asshole.

#2 I’m continually shocked at how many people post their political views on fb. These people are nothing to be proud of people. Stop alienating your friends and family over them.”

Now let me tell you a racist joke and bitch about liberals. That isn’t politics though.

Who are all these men giving other men sweaters? Is that a thing now?

It’s THE GAYS.

Also beta Cuckservatives.

Saw this in my feed this morning:

Mmmm, delicious lye.

The cake is a lye!

I haven’t seen that on facebook, but I’ve had my cousin tell me he’s eating as much Alkaline Food as he can because he’s been looking up on the net how much we eat acidic foods, so of course our health is compromised. And he’s been feeling a lot better since he started eating the counterbalance to all that acidic food.

I didn’t know what to say, since I didn’t know if this was based off internet kooks or actual research.

How about these thoughtful condolences after the suicide-death of a gay teen from current Utah Senate contender Jasen Christensen?

That’s very fair-minded of you. You’ll probably be unsurprised to learn, however, that it’s largely based on kookery and wishful thinking: http://skepdic.com/alkalinediet.html

Nice link. I’ll forward that to my cousin. I asked him questions along the same lines (“Isn’t the stomach super acidic anyway? Why would the pH of foods affect the body when it has to go through the stomach anyway?”).

Hey, yeah, so if you ever can’t get enough of the North Carolina caliphate, you’re more than welcome to crash on my couch and enjoy how we do it Rocky Mountain style!

Strictly speaking, there is an amount of money you could pay me to live in Utah.

That amount of money is defined as “The Amount Necessary to Rig Every Election in the State Long Enough to Fundamentally Transform it into a Liberal Utopia, plus enough for two to live a very modest lower-middle-class lifestyle during the transition.”

Just in case anyone’s wanting to sponsor my move, or anything.

Since middle-class has no agreed upon definition, what would you consider a modest version of a lower middle class lifestyle.

To be honest, I do love it here, but it’s definitely despite the… troglodytes, like you posted. That image you linked makes me stomach churn.

Thankfully, the majority of my time is in and around Salt Lake City, which is a fairly liberal and diverse place. We’re just under siege by the rest of the state. :)

I strongly suspect that tack-on will be a rounding error in the final amount, but. . . According to this site, I think my partner and I could lead an exceedingly comfortable lifestyle in, say, Provo, at $51,000/year combined while we’re busy rigging the elections all over the state. That would actually represent a pretty substantial markup from what we’ve been making it on thus far, but then again, we’ve been making less than half the median household income for our current area, so, ya know :)

edit: since everyone’s saying SLC’s better, and I’d considered our lifestyle modestly lower-middle-class up to this point, the calculator says I’d need $43K to maintain the same standard of living in SLC.

There, more answer than you ever wanted!

SLC is pretty ok. I lived there for a couple of years in the 90s and enjoyed it and I still have friends there.

The air quality though is pretty shocking.

Yeah, the joys of living in a geographical bowl in the winter are real! Not looking forward to another round of inversions, but when they hit it’s really nice up in the mountains at the resorts or southern Utah.