Stupid shit you see on Facebook

What I don’t understand is why you think they’re capable of applying even the slightest critical thought to the matter (or any matter) :)

From what I’ve gleaned from Facebook, is that Anonmyous and Wikileaks are always DAYS AWAY from releasing INFORMATION that will DOOM the CLINTON campaign.

Thus far it’s been crap like, “CLINTON SAYS REASONABLE THINGS TO PEOPLE.”

“See me after class”

Clinton’s Campaign actually plans things and looks at numbers. RIGGED DISHONEST MANIPULATION CONSPIRACY

The only numbers they are looking at are the already locked-in “voting” results supplied to Hillary by the global Liberal Illuminati.

Shhhh stop telling them, god.

I mean…yeah…conspiracy…

I know, and I agree with this sentiment when dealing in the average Trump supporting Fox/Breitbart brainwashed conservative, but as I’ve said previously, I am also surrounded by a large number of very intelligent college educated otherwise completely normal and sane people who just can’t seem to quit Trump no matter what he says or does. Part of it is that there is no other option for social conservatives (it’s vote Trump or give up the Supreme Court), but you would think in that situation they would just quietly vote party lines, not post stupid shit they KNOW can’t be true all over the interwebs. I guess the team mentality takes over. Gotta get those digs in on Hillary and liberals as long as you’re going to sell your soul to the Trump devil…

The Stars are Right! IA! IA! IA!

It’s cheating! And lying!

HILLARY IS THE DEVIL: a Facebook story, in 4 acts.

“SO WRONG!!! WHY IS HILLARY & DEMOCRATS NOT IN TROUBLE FOR THIS!!! THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS!!! DENNIS LYNCH PLEASE HELP!!!”
http://www.everynewshere.com/trump-was-right-thousands-of-fake-ballot-slips-found-marked-for-hillary-clinton/

[Me: fake story, see Snopes]

NO WAY, SNOPES IS CONTROLLED BY THE LIBERALS

[Me: Ok, here is the Republican Sec of State for Ohio denying the story as false]

WELL THIS IS HOW SHE WILL WIN SHE JUST HASNT BEEN CAUGHT YET

[Me: facepalm]

EXEUNT
FIN

And in the end, the poster and everyone who saw this was even more convinced that Crooked Hillary is evil and trying to steal the election, despite the debunking. I am really beginning to see FB and the information bubble it creates as tools which are facilitating deliberate manipulation and the downfall of our shared democracy. I can’t even hold a conversation with these people because we live in such different realities.

We need more traps to kill people who fail the test of evolution.

New favorite FB idiocy for me this morning…one of my Trump supporting ultra-conservative friends liked and commented on a post by one of his friends. The post was “I don’t believe the liberal media, so I’m conducting my own poll right here on Facebook! Reply in the comments with the last name of the candidate you’re voting for November 8th and we’ll see who the American people really want to win!”

Of course a string of TRUMP! comments followed. And nobody in the dozens of comments sees the many and varied flaws in this logic…

My life is so much better due to not being on Facebook. I don’t know if I’d be able to converse with 75% of my family if I saw the shit they probably post on there.

I keep it for occasional contact with old friends. My spam folder is 99.9999% Facebook crap. Sometimes I’ll scroll through to see if I missed anything. As it happens I saw a post from a highschool buddy about an illness. I popped on to wish him well.

My dad’s girlfriend posted last night that they were engaged. An hour later she took it down and said she was “hacked”. I really thought I’d only have to deal with that stuff from the 20 year old types from the branches below or near me.Now I have to deal with it with the branch of above too! … you’re not missing out.

I really don’t get a lot of crap on my feed. Mostly pictures of babies and family events, and occasionally, an article about recent events or psychology. A former boss posts some ridicules GOP stuff, but since he works in a University, many of his colleagues are quick to comment on the nature of it, so I don’t mind.

You don’t get dozens of this stupid prove you’re my friend or you care or you love me by reposting this stupid meme or images and then telling your 10 friends to do the same thing. The boomers have figured out how to make the chain letters of old more annoying in electronic FB form.

First rule of social media is turn off all email notifications.

Holy shit this.

What’s totally insane, is that I remember when I was a little, kid, I got a chain letter. And my mom explained that chain letters were stupid wastes of time.

And yet now she constantly sends what are effectively chain letters. When I grew up, I immediately recognized them as the modern version of chain letters of old… but somehow the baby boomers don’t recognize them as such.