Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Global fame and adoration followed by death-by-Courtney-Love? I mean, doesn’t sound much worse than what I’m managing now. . .

edit: it was difficult to choose between the delightful Love conspiracy theory or a “mind-blowing conclusion” pun. I might have rolled a die.

I look forward to seeing how your future contributions play out here in the forums once the heroin addiction is in full swing.

Would heroin help with a crushing sense of doom and hopelessness?

Asking for a friend.

I’m guessing ‘yes’ based upon my experience with morphine. The problem is that is an all too brief respite from the pain…

…But, if you are just gonna shove a shotgun in your mouth anyway, you might as well shoot some horse on your way out the door.

Why shoot the horse when you can chase the dragon?

Baby Boomers are the best.

Then they’ll worship Reagan in the same fucking breath and not see any contradiction.

Yeah okay, I guess like women, the poor, the middle class, people under attack by racists … I guess those don’t count.

Those aren’t “real” Americans. C’mon now.

I think as Palin put it, wouldn’t that mean that Democrats are “Unamerican?”

Finally the proof we need that vaccines are dangerous! Soon Trumplandia will be forced-vaccination free! (Hopefully nobody ever tests drinking water, fast food, air quality, clothing chemicals, etc…)

I’d like to know the quantities of these contaminants and how that compares to an unsafe dosage before I got too worked up about this. This also seems to feed the agenda of this particular publication, so this needs to be taken with a healthy dose of scepticism.

ARE YOU, SIR, SUGGESTING SOMETHING I FOUND ON FACEBOOK MIGHT BE STUPID?

I have heard the only way to safely dose skepticism is to dilute it to 20C or higher!

haha homeopathy is stupid

This made me laugh out loud. The all caps was a nice touch too. Well played sir, well played.

You wanted a takedown right?

Well, first off, greenmedinfo is reposting a story from the “Children’s Medical Safety Research Institute”
So, already we are in copypasta territory. (Write one story, post it to dozens of “green-blogs”) One seems less kooky than the other, but they are both anti-vax heavy sites.

This is simple as reading the study, which is free to read.

Basically they use a microscopic technique that heretofore had not been used to study vaccines, to suss out components, and they found some contamination. With any article, I always just jump straight to the conclusion.

The analyses carried out show that in all samples checked
vaccines contain non biocompatible and bio-persistent foreign
bodies which are not declared by the Producers, against which
the body reacts in any case. This new investigation represents a
new quality control that can be adopted to assess the safety of a
vaccine. Our hypothesis is that this contamination is unintentional,
since it is probably due to polluted components or procedures of
industrial processes (e.g. filtrations) used to produce vaccines, not
investigated and not detected by the Producers. If our hypothesis
is actually the case, a close inspection of the working places and
the full knowledge of the whole procedure of vaccine preparation
would probably allow to eliminate the problem.

Basically, we invented a way to better screen vaccine lots for contamination, and it seems like the current methods we have let things slip through the cracks. It is hard to read this study, and make the enormous leap that these contamination cause any sort of adverse reaction in the body. They study is more about the new technique used in finding them, not what they do. To wit, from the introduction.

The notice of Tripedia DTaP by Sanofi Pasteur reports “Adverse events reported during post-approval use of Tripedia vaccine include idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, SIDS, anaphylactic reaction, cellulitis, autism, convulsion/grand mal convulsion, encephalopathia, hypotonia, neuropathy, somnolence and apnea”. The epidemiological studies carried out did not show a clear evidence of those associations

So, vaccines can cause side effects. We know that, we also know they are exceedingly rare. But, and I would agree with the author on this one, exceedingly rare =/= no side effects. We should strive towards limiting those.

Another odd find.

http://imgur.com/7VSKfFX

Note the bibliography links to 4/5 (Discourse is going to make you click these images to be able to read them)

http://imgur.com/8wO9yHL

Hmm… MMR vaccine linked to autism? What does the article say about that?

Oh… it says “No evidence for a causal link” Seems legit…

Anyway, I feel that the author is playing up the popular vaccine-as-boogyman theories to sell people on this new screening technique. Funny. Read the published articles, not the blogs.

Also… why does discourse blow up imgur images to unreadable size?

And published by the esteemed MedCraveOnline.com.

“When I crave medical science, I go to MedCraveOnline.com!”

Needs a short jingle and the associated advertisement on satellite radio.

"If you’re an opiate slave, Medcrave!
You’ve got one foot in the grave, Medcrave!
If it’s a life you need saved, Medcrave!
Too many drugs at the rave, Medcrave!

*Apply directly to forehead"

I’m going to have to take over the county and institute some voter qualification tests every election. Miss a single question and you’ll be ineligible to vote and have to try again next election.

Questions like “what is 12x10?”, or “how many senators does each state have” or “who is Dr Martin Luther King?”. No trick wording, multiple choice, bare minimum stuff you’re supposed to learn in elementary school, take as much time as you need.

I’d give odds this would disqualify 90% of currently eligible voters today.