Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Is this the new distraction? Get people angry about Nancy Pelosi’s drink costs while Trump burns the country to the ground? It seems excessive, but it’s also completely out of context. How much have McConnell’s costs been? What about Paul Ryan? Boehner? etc. etc. How much do the fuzzy new Air Force One hand towels cost?

Meliana costs us 4-5 times that every day.

Trump’s a teetotaler so he might actually do it … hmmm. Convincing him to do it (“Why are your underlings boozing it up when you’re working so hard. Donnie?”) might actually be the quickest way to get him slammed with the 25th Amendment.

True, but that’s sort of comparing apples to oranges. I’m not saying Melania’s excess cost to taxpayers should be ignored, but it seems a better rebuttal to the Pelosi argument is to find something equivalent for comparison.

Melania isn’t as orange as Trump

This is so dumb it might as well be on Facebook: Off Our Butts | June Thunderstorm

The whole thing is worth hate-reading, but just for a taste:

Once, at an Occupy Wall Street assembly, standing six feet beyond the last concentric circle in the parking lot, I lit up a cigarette. In short order, I was asked to leave. I insisted on Occupying.

The whole thing is exactly as millenial as you could imagine.

We had a boss at work that came in and tried to say that our travel per diem could not be used for alcohol under any circumstances. Que a massive uproar of people to HR and said boss backed down.

I would wager Nancy Pelosi isn’t the only one with alcohol expenses high on the travel budget.

Strange to hear that Trump is a teetotaler though. I did not expect that.

Then again, I heard he’s an excellent businessman too. Also that he has more respect for women them anyone.

Sorry, bungled your quote on my phone.

Good points, the guy has enough over the top issues that adding alcoholism onto it would be even more of a disaster.

Technically, if you are expensing things directly onto a contract, you are not allowed to expense alcohol at all. Now, if your company instead just pays you a per-diem, then you can do whatever you want with it.

My guess is that the alcohol would impact whatever medication he is on for his mental disorders.

Absolutely true and a great counterpoint, as I have no idea what system our congress uses for expense management.

Pretty sure it’s the “WTFEVER, I DO WHAT I WANT” system.

I’m sure they threw a rider on some expense bill for fan belts for Humvees that got them around it at some point.

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16729021_1559723674061549_843719105679216049_n.jpg?oh=a1faeb601852dd2ed12daa73e8b7e66b&oe=593AE342

Stuff like this and its ilk on the pages of rabid Trump supporters always gets me.

That’s why he’s that way, he had family members become complete alcoholics.

Not sure if this is page the stupidest or the best shit ever on FB.

"NOW THAT ARE PRESEDENT DONALD J TRUMP HAS BEEN NAUGRATED HE CAN START FINALY MAKEING ARE COUNTY GRATE AGAIN BY DOING WHAT HE SAYED HED DO AND GET RIT OFF THE POT AND THE OBAMA CARES AND THE WELFARES AND BUILD THAT WALL TO GET RIT OFF THE ILEGALS AND ALL OFF THE OTHER THINGS HE SAYED HE WOULD DO!!!

HES A GOOD TRU CHRISTAIN MAN WHO NOWS HOW TO FIX ARE COUNTY AND LIBERALS NEED TO WAKE UP AND RELISE THAT INSTED OFF JUGEING HIM ALL OF THE TIMES!

PLEASE LIKE AND SHARE IF YOU LOVE ARE CHRISTAIN PRESEDENT OFF THE UNITED STATES OFF AMERICA!!!"

Not sure if this is the stupidest or the best shit ever on FB.

JeffK all grown up.

I’m pretty sure that one is a parody page. They did post this

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16427310_642435609296522_6587349465950086908_n.png?oh=3fb2653f13515e5bef1dd12cc676d8e9&oe=593F44EC

Or… maybe not.

Sadly I think people are becoming too dumb to understand parody. Or perhaps it’s the fact that in our timeline satire and reality seem to have merged.