Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Nobody reads articles, only headlines.

ARTICLE LINKED TO ON QT3 IS HORSESHIT

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

I love you, man.

Shared by one of the few conservatives among my FB friends. He’s a cool guy (former coworker) but occasionally gets me annoyed…

I mean, isn’t the very point of a graduated income tax that the poor are taxed far less than the wealthy (if at all)?

We could actually stop ‘stealing’ a lot from the poor - but I doubt that your friend has the actual solution in mind. The poor pay relatively little in federal tax. The biggest impact would come from eliminating sales and property taxes and replacing the lost revenue by increasing (or introducing) a genuinely progressive state income tax.

Just tax held wealth at 10% every year. Assets of all kinds - 10% of it goes back to the government, paid out to the people in the form of healthcare, education, infrastructure, defense, parks, environment, research, and all the other sectors in which the government is better suited to act than markets.

Boom, done. You’re welcome, America.

That’s not a bad try. However there’s an argument - not sure I have a handle in it tbh - that in low growth economies rent seeking becomes the primary means of wealth accumulation. The problem with taxing owned wealth is that it would disincentivize middle class wealth accumulation outside a tiny ultra elite minority. Which if your goal is the rich pay for everything and everyone else is basically free, well, mission accomplished. The problem is that the rich would also own everything as well, and that’s the first step towards some kind of coorperate neofeudalism. Hopefully with cyber implants somewhere in the story.

Err… so, basically, you aren’t allowed to actually own anything? Ever? Because that’s basically what this means. Since for anything that you own for more than 10 years, you’re actually gonna be taxed more than its worth.

I mean, I guess maybe you were joking? Cause it’s a totally nonsensical idea.

Eh, stick a floor on it and exempt primary residences.

All residences or just ones that aren’t multi-million dollar estates. You’ve just caused the prices of homes to go up since they’re exempt. And bit by bit exemptions is how we have the monstrosity that is our current tax system.

This would also be a double whammy on any depreciating assets.

http://www.angrypatriotmovement.com/dead-people-voted-229-times/

Some occupy types suggested a federal property tax of 1% or so.

If you exempted say the first $1,000,000 in assets per year, I’d support a federal asset tax.

Increasingly it looks like it’s going to be traps. Very smart move by Timex.

Seems like there is an untapped market for a charter school based around not requiring vaccinations.

Guessing they won’t be teaching a lot of science there.

Which is fine, since none of the kids will survive to adulthood once they catch the plague.

“Welcome to Kayla Dee’s Holy Hospice/Charter School Campgrounds! Polio kids on the left, smallpox on the right - don’t mind the babies in the Crip Cribs near the Admissions Desk.”

Maybe we need to start stapling some vintage photos to people’s foreheads. Fucking idiots – as if we don’t have enough problems, we have to go around re-creating the solved ones?

Friend of a friend was freaking out because bottled water has more than just “water” as an ingredient. So my friend links him an article explaining what they are and that it isn’t anything to be worried about.

He comes back with: “Anything can damage the brain in any way is unsafe…”

I come in with:

Water can damage the fucking brain. Guess he better stop drinking it.