Stupid shit you see on Facebook

There’s a non-stupid argument somewhat like that. If there is no god, why are the sun and the moon the same size? (Ok, not exactly the same, but close enough that the variation in their relative sizes means sometimes the sun is bigger, sometimes the moon is bigger). There’s no natural reason it should he so, why would it happen by coincidence?

Which is?

By size, you of course mean apparent size, right?

I think it’s a bit of an odd argument - sort of numerology about the shape of the world. Why don’t we have three moons, one for each part of the Holy Trinity?

There are a lot of confidences that didn’t happen. Are we to take all of them as evidence for atheism if the one that did is evidence for God?

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17883554_1909724129240790_7848750714175172802_n.jpg?oh=0cd870d09decfb72ebc8774b6966cf0c&oe=59C807D4

It’s funny that after only a few months, folks have that mug.

“Hit 👍 if you never want to see this liberal jerk on Fox News again!”
https://www.patriotbeacon.com/2017/07/fox-news-fans-call-shep-smith-fired-says-donald-trump-jr/

Once again Ted Nugent brings the deep insights we all need.

…I read the comments…

Oh Brian, you silly man. Hope you’re okay.

The Russia story is a lie?

I see it constantly on FB.

I guess that’s reason 374 that I’m not on Facebook. I’m blown away by the level of doublethink people are actually capable of. I mean, I read 1984 and I liked the book, but I didn’t really think I’d witness that sort of thing.

I don’t know how you can have DJT and others come out and say “Yeah, we met with the Russians. Look, here’s my emails detailing it all” and then say “Nope, didn’t happen”.

The new deflection is that Hillary and the DNC colluded with the Ukraine. Google it.

What in the actual fuck? Hillary and the DNC colluded with the Ukraine…to get invaded…and lose the election?

You are friends with some real special specimens, John.

Perhaps we should seal them in specimen jars. To observed these sub optimal evolutionary paths.

You made the right call. It’s nice to occasionally see what you’re friends are up to, but the number of times they say or post shit to make you rethink your friendship is high on the list of reasons to stay off of it.

When Facebook really started to take off, I don’t think I made it through a single day without at least three of my friends or associates hounding me to join Facebook. “Facebook is amazing!” “Oh my God, I can’t believe you’re not on Facebook! Here’s an invite! Seriously, you need to get on Facebook!”.

And yet… despite being told daily that I needed to get on Facebook, all I heard from these same people was a seemingly limitless supply of drama and angst. Yeah, no thanks, I’m perfectly happy to leave the Jr. High lunchroom days behind me.

Maybe I’m just an antisocial (in the colloquial sense) jerk, but if someone is important to me I’ll figure out a way to keep in touch. It’s like the moving rule: if something stays boxed a year after you moved, you probably don’t need to drag it along with you. :)

I’m an extrovert with a capitol E. Facebook meshes with the way I interact socially in many ways. Though I resisted for quite some time for personal reasons, once I took the plunge I’ve enjoyed the hell out of it.

What it is not, though, is a good place for discourse of any particular sensitive topic. Especially so with religion and politics. The way it works also caters to people who want to showboat or over dramatize their lives.