Stupid shit you see on Facebook

So you’re saying he’s older. I am just saying it’s the norm for the younger crowd. That doesn’t mean older people don’t do it sometimes too… My personal experience though is if my Dad has a problem he wants to talk about, he’s going to call, not post it on FB, for example.

He’s in his 40’s. And supposedly hates the internet and the world would be better if we all worked on old cars.

But let me tell you have much of a slut my ex is…

Yikes. Well there were people who participated in chain letters way back when… they figured out a way to do it on Facebook today so… there is certainly a group that loves an outlet, no matter what age.

I refollowed. Most of his stuff is back to music and random “I’m an asshole” stuff.

There is a lot of “I love my Daughter” stuff… followed by “All girls are sluts and will cheat on you,” though.
So… being his kid will be fun in a few years.

I think I know exactly who you mean. Or there’s more than one of this guy.

That’s not even a good photoshop job. Give me Muscular Jesus 10 times out of 10. Or Trump being watched over by angels. At least those guys did the work.

This is my experience with a similarly divorced man-shaped pear:

1. She’s amazing! Let me stalk her on social media creepily for days.

2. (one week later) I went on a date with her and she’s crazy in the sheets just like i like it! Also she has a kid so our families can combine!

3. (two weeks later) For some reason she insists on using birth control, but i don’t do that shit. Also i really wanna knock her up so she has to marry me.

4. (three weeks later) She gets mad when i tell her she’s raising her daughter wrong. I would have brought the belt on her kid for doing that!

5. (four weeks later) W.T.F. she broke up with me. What a crazy bitch. All women are sluts.

Do men need, like, empathy training or something? There’s a gap here somewhere. Maybe we need those 1950s style PSAs teaching guys “how to act around women” with a dapper gentlemen holding a newspaper and a cup of coffee. Look at that swell guy, what success he has with the ladies (by not being a clueless tool).

Facebook is like having a customer-facing job. You see how stupid humanity can be.

My favorite recently is the meth’ed out ex-best-friend of my gf from back in 9th grade, who posts every couple of days about how she is SHOCKED, SHOCKED I TELL YOU, at having been “betrayed” by another “fake-ass bitch” or “greedy ass bitch” or some other variety of bitch.

It’s worth noting that she deals and does meth as her primary hobby and routinely hooks up with guys and hangs out with women for whom that is an admirable trait, then is astonished when people steal from her, treat her like trash, or turn her into the cops.

Oh, she really hates snitches.

You are kidding right, you mean there is no honor among meth fiends. What a shocker.

I have a friend on Facebook the same way. I knew her when she wasn’t into drugs at all and have watched her rack up hate rants and lengthy forays into nonsensical word salad. I would have unfriended her long ago, but being honest here … she’s still holding it together in the looks department. So the crazy hate filled rants about some other woman are usually accompanied by a pic of her showing off. Like, “are you even SEEING my hotness right now, bitch!!!”

Well damn – if Lenin said it, it must be true!

The same could probably be said for my meth friend / fiend, but meth skin set in a long time ago now, and the drug fuelled hypermania behind a lot of the showoff posts kinda degrades any possible enjoyment. At this point, I stick it out cuz she was the first person to really befriend my gf when she was a new and frightened freshman in a big new school where no one else from her middle school wound up. Sure, methchick eventually started her slide down back then, and my gf only really extracted herself from that world of druggies and dropouts due to burgeoning friendships with still-counter-culture, but more nerdy folk, self included.

Facebook is the place where people can craft a reality that resembles soundbites, aphorisms, and every other form of unreflective, easy discourse that removes any responsibility for critical thinking, information acquisition, or effort. It’s the same dynamic that has resulted in politicians speaking only in short, digestible generalities, and which has made once sophisticated and complex ideologies like traditional American conservatism and liberalism into mere shadows of their former selves.

There’s nothing really new about Facebook other than the admittedly massively important fact of its tremendous reach. In this case, the medium is indeed the message.

Subtle framing

The amazing thing about the whole “lazy welfare” argument–which has been going on since probably the first town in Mesopotamia gave out food relief to someone after a flood or something–is that people who go on and on about this are usually the same ones complaining that there are no jobs to be had.

So, um, yeah. You can’t find a job because of the Democrats killing business. THEY can’t find jobs because, well, they’re lazy!

I’m sad that The American Bacon isn’t about bacon.