Stupid shit you see on Facebook

Yep, I’m enjoying marinating in some god-awful unhealthy pollution this week. Temperature inversions are the fucking worst.

Just so you know, you don’t smell like gas after you pump gas.

I mean, unless you are spraying gas on yourself.

But in your system, say you want to wash your windows… since they don’t do it, do you like, get out of your car and wash your windows while they’re just standing there next to your car? And since the pump locks into the on position, they’re literally not touching anything, just standing there staring at you?

That seems like it’d be weird and awkward.

If you don’t, um, spill gas on yourself, you won’t smell like gas. And not spilling gas is pretty trivial, as life skills go. I guess, though, it’s mostly a matter of what you are accustomed to. I personally dislike people doing stuff for me that I can do myself. I hate bellhops, gas station attendants, overzealous shop clerks, and anyone else who intrudes on my perfectly happy solo navigation of whatever task is at hand.

You seem obsessed by this. Accept it, move on. :)

No doubt it is a law the boomers put in place.

Welcome to my world. We have restrictions on fire place burning here. In the winter I look forward to rainy days so that the air will clear and I can burn.

Yeah, we have those burn restrictions here as well. The Salt Lake valley always ranks right up there at the top (bottom?) in terms of air quality in the winters… right alongside Bakersfield and Fresno, which I believe is your neighborhood? :) Lucky us!

Have to wait until Saturday for a storm to mix the air up and get this crud out of here.

We might get rain today although they are backing off that now. So far it has been the driest year since the 90’s I think.

I spent a year as a kid in southern Utah. I am sure I was in Salt Lake but I have no memory of it.

I’ve pumped gas before. See above about the problem with spilling gas, aka pollution.

I don’t know when the last time you pumped your own gas was but the modern pump doesn’t really pour out gas (maybe a drip or two) unless it is stuck in your gas tank. The handle device is made to prevent leaks and to prevent pollution.

I am a registered voter, but I am not the one who determined that topping off harms the enivornment. You might want to review their findings. I am aware of how to pump gas, and I’ve seen the gas drip from the nozzle when it’s pulled out. For the record, I pumped gas last year.

You can start here:

Heh, well there you go. I am clearly in the wrong profession. I should just sensationalize shit on social media to make my millions.

They very rarely stand by your car while it’s filling. They are usually off helping other customers. Or if it’s empty, they’ll wander back to a central area (or might offer a windshield wipe if they are truly bored).

First topic of 2018 to surprise me with how polarizing it is on Quarter to Three: Oregon’s gas-pumping laws.

You think that it doesn’t drip out when the “professional” does it?

Of course it does. I am not the one who said it doesn’t.

I think you lost where this conversation went Timex. Time to keep up. We’re talking about topping-off now not self-service.

I still think it would be awkward to be washing my windshield while some dude just stood there next to my car staring at me.

You’re talking some jobs reduction, too. You don’t need as much staffing for six days vs. seven.

True, but if you a small store, you might not have the budget to staff 7 days a week anyway, so you only benefit from not losing Sunday customers to a larger competitor.

They don’t stand there holding the nozzle… there are other cars. You don’t have to hold it even when you self-service.