Stupor Tuesday (TX/OH/RI/VT)

Way to go you Liberal Honkeys!

Drudge Report is claiming “deadlocked” exit polls in TX (no surprise) OH (?) and RI (!!!).

Bear in mind this electoral cycle exit polls have been about as reliable as examining goat entrails. Anyway, off to caucasize, even though the Clinton campaign finds the exercise frivolous!

Exit polls don’t factor the early voting which should favor Clinton strongly in OH and possibly Obama in TX.

An Obama win in RI would be pretty surprising.

I haven’t paid attention to it, what would Hillary’s (presumed) strength in RI be?

Polls have closed in Ohio; looks like it’s going to be a close count.

Clinton took 54% of the female vote, according to the exit poll, and the state voted 59% women, 41% men. So I’m inclined to give her the win there, barring precinct-level surprises.

Ohio full exit poll, implying 51/48 or so for Clinton. Throw in early voting and it might expand more. Of course, even final exit polls have sucked this cycle.

She’s got a lot of regional support there, and establishment endorsement.

BREAKING

MUST CREDIT JASON REPORT

Ohio secretary of state asking for sandusky polls to be held open until 9

STOLEN FROM MSNBC

Edit: DailyKos.com says Cuyahoga too, from weather, apparently being argued in some court somewhere.

I can’t seem to find any exit polls for Texas. And the vote count appears to have stopped in OH because of the poll extension.

I keep hearing intense movie music as I read this thread.

LOL! Yeah, I can hear that guy that does all the movie trailer voice overs, in that deep sonorous voice, “after 11 straight defeats, everyone was throwing dirt on her grave. But underneath the soil, as the votes came in from Texas and Ohio, there was a stirring, a motion in the dirt, and then…”

If I was a Republican I’d find this all very entertaining. Since I’m not, I’m finding it all very depressing. I realize not everyone agrees, but if it takes until the end of August (when the Dem convention is) for them to figure who their nominee is my gut feeling is that it will be looked back on as a bad thing.

Well, I just finished caucusing here in Dallas. We went 63% for Obama, and he gets 12 of our precinct’s 19 delegates to the district convention. I’m gonna be one of them!

Demographically, Hillary seems to be doing well among a)old people, b)white women, and c)old white women. Of course we all knew this, but it was still striking to see, on the Clinton side, perhaps two people under 30 and no black people. Not one, in a turnout of around 250.

Looks like the votes in the high-population precincts in OH and TX are going to come in very slowly tonight. They all seem to favor Obama, except for San Antonio, so I don’t think we’re going to get a clear picture until the wee hours.

Edit: But I think it’s fair to say that there won’t be a substantial change in the balance of delegates. At least, in favor of Clinton.

The early numbers I’m seeing are pretty big for Clinton in OH and pretty small lead for Obama in TX - is the smart money saying these are too early to give much credence to?

These Texas vote totals are looking insane. 1.1 million votes counted with only 8% of the precincts reporting.

Finished caucusing in Lubbock. Our precinct was split 50/50. Hillary’s demographic was the just as you called it. Obama had all the youth and all the blacks. It was a pretty striking contrast. My wife is going to be a delegate, too. It’ll be interesting to hear how the county convention goes.

The high numbers are from the absentee ballots they already counted. The percentage is only for precincts that have completed tabulation today.