Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Did they take it out recently? Because it’s always been there on the menu for me. I save manually every time before I exit the game.

So I haven’t tried this game in almost a year (and barely did, then). VR worth it or no? And I assume I can switch between modes?

I think I really started finding diamond along the deeper cliff heading down into the mushroom forest near the left side of the Aurora.

Ahh, you are correct, though I haven’t used that in some time. I just went with the auto-save from enter/exit buildings.

In addition to what @Romalar said, I think I found some down the drop-off near the big gun landmass as well. Be careful down there, however.

It you like playing mainly at 45fps/ASW and going cross-eyed looking at your inventory, then yeah it’s decent. :)

You can switch between modes, but not on the fly. Need to restart the game and choose the non-VR version.

Awesome thanks for the directions!

I will make this as vague as i can, but i found a bunch of diamond and lithium, where a radio signal sends you with a time limit. There is a pretty deep cave network there and i was able to pickup enough diamonds to make the vehicles.

One of the things that i dont like which was in the game at some point, is the names of the biomes. I have no idea where i am most of the time and since the same biomes can be in different areas it turns me around. I did build a compass but it doesnt help much. I found a map online and now i have a better idea of where im at and which way to go.

I also dont think the game saves anymore when you enter and leave vehicles, or buildings. I lost about 2 hours of game time when it crashed after building the sub and taking it out for a test drive.

Yeah, I haven’t found it auto saving for me. I have to hit esc and then save. After a few painful lessons I have gotten better about it.

I know where you speak as I literally just left the area after that event lol. Is the cave network above or must you access it from underwater?

It’s above the building, there is a path that leads you up into the entrance, then it will take you in and out and goes higher but there is a path with some tech that leads you further down. That cave tracker thingy is helpful here. I actually filled my inventory and havent found the bottom of it yet.

15.5 hours in, I think I built and upgraded what I could and explored all the available markers. It’s time to visit the Aurora!

Whaaaaaat! That sucks if it’s been disabled!

For me, it only saved when I clicked save from a menu. Once, I had gotten back to my base and just decided to exit, and it warned me that my last save was over 2 hours ago. You can save anywhere from the menu and there is no auto save as far as I can tell.

Spoilery answer to diamonds:

You can find Diamonds and Lithium both by searching the caves on that landmass. Go up, down,
there are several branches where you will find 3-4 rocks to bust.

Before going to the Aurora be sure you have the following:

Repair tool
Laser cutter
Propulsion Cannon
Fire Extinguisher (though there are some available there)
4 digit code you get from a radio message where they talk about sandwiches

1st yes, 2nd yes, 3rd yes… (in fact I got up to the entrance yesterday night, I saw I couldn’t enter with the obstacles, and I thought 'I need the repulsor thing!', then I went to bed), 4th… wait, what??.

Also, someone kill me: somehow I didn’t try before yesterday to craft several o2 tanks and exchange them while being in the deeps to extend my time underwater. Because the ultra capacity tank isn’t difficult to make, I didn’t feel as I needed more except in two or three specific places, I thought I needed some other upgrade to explore deeper than I could right now.

What I would like at this point is to be able to upgrade my Seamoth. I have already 2 of 3 pieces for the Cyclops, but I don’t have any upgrade for the Seamoth.

The Aurora has:

a Seamoth bay that has a depth module
there’s also a storage module for it in the prawn bay
you don’t need the 4 digit code for these.
But you will have to go back if you don’t have the 4 digit code I’m talking about

Love this game so much. But at the same time in real life I am directionally challenged, so I get frustrated trying to find wrecks on the sea floor and discover I’ve just done circles and circles and meanders and… I know there’s a wreck somewhere around here as I passed over it in the first few hours of the game but I can’t seem to find it. It needed that laser cutter I finally crafted, and now I can’t figure out where they are when I’m prepared!

The only thing I wish this game did was really throw/jerk you around when you’re attacked by very large predators. Right now if I’m attacked by a little fish or that creature by the Aurora it feels the same outside of the sound or the health bar decreasing more.