Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Here’s where I put my observation deck. I like it away from the main base, for maximum relaxation. :)

Right next to a cliff. Very nice :)

I’m just swimming around looking for stuff. Must be doing something wrong…

What are you trying to find?

Seen on reddit today…

Was working on my base and accidentally deleted ladder down to second level and now I can’t reconstruct one. And I don’t have materials to make a porthole. I think I just lost severoa hours of my game cause I am in multipurpose room with no windows, no ladder, no porthole and all the ladder points are red. “Let me outta here!”

Deconstruct the room.

Checked and sadly its not possible.

I dunno. Progress?
I guess I should read the wiki, but that kinda defeats the purpose…

Radio messages get you pretty far , in terms of game progress. :)

Which would require fixing the radio I presume

Yes! :D

I fixed it so many hours ago, I forgot it had to be fixed, lol.

If this is still a problem, it might be worth checking if you can restore a previous version of your save using the built in feature in Windows.

Save File location is in your Steam install folder at SteamApps\common\Subnautica\SNAppData\

Then do this - http://hls.harvard.edu/dept/its/restoring-previous-versions-of-files-and-folders/

This almost happened to me. Fortunately I had thought it might be a possibility, so I had created an exit hatch just in case. However, there are console commands, one of which I am sure will let you teleport or move through walls.

This title has over 2 million owners on steam. I had not realized it had gotten that big.

You should be able to deconstruct everything in the room (inc. windows and reinforcements) and finally the room altogether? Working against you will be if your inventory is full - you can’t drop items when you are ‘inside’ a structure.

I have struggled sometimes similarly when I put a fabricated item like a locker inside one of the ‘ends’ of a basic contruct; 2 way, 3 way or 4 way. (Not flush against the end but on the sides in that general area.) You cannot connect anything to that end until you deconstruct the things even though you can put them right back where they were after the new construct is added to that ‘end’.

I think the devs were hoping for a fantastic release to push numbers into a range they can work on DLC.

If there is nothing else in the room you should be able to deconstruct it. If not I would try the console commands and give yourself enough mats to create a porthole. F3 will get you to that screen. Better than losing a bunch of progress.

Just be warned that if you do spawn items from the console, you will no longer get Steam achievements from that point on I believe.

Reddit has had a few people ask this and apparently right after you use a console command, save, quit and restart. That resets the check for “cheat” prior to any new achievement unlock and you should be okay.

Remember when you put your sims in the pool and deleted the ladder? Hmmmm?