Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

I’ve been playing it on and off for a few years just for the privilege of tooling around in my subs and swimming and exploring when the mood catches me. It’s got amazing atmosphere and it’s worth it just for that unique experience imo.

Well said! I think that’s precisely why the exploration is so satisfying: the pacing is excellent. Instead of constantly hitting the same notes, the game sprinkles these moments of tension, terror, flight, then relief only so often that they remain effective all the way through.

Basically, there are no “trash mobs”, so each “enemy” is taken seriously.

Great pics and I love the bedroom!

I was relaxing in my observation pod when this guy showed up out of nowhere. Seems harmless as long as I’m inside my base. A bit unnerving though.

So our kitty Luna really, REALLY loves this game. I use steamlink to play it on living room tv. Every time I go and load it up and she hears it, she comes running out and jumps on the tv stand to try and bat at stuff, or just get the cinema experience.

Holy cow. I would shit my pants seeing that out of one of my base windows.

Wow, you seem to be set-up in a shallow area (I think I see the surface and what looks like a kelp forest). Is he your permanent grouchy neighbour or was that a one off?

Yea I’d like to know exactly where that is because it’s pretty wild (impossibly rare?) to see one of those things outside the deep. What a pic though!

He’s in the beginning shallow area, near the original lifepod. I started hearing strange, ominous noises and thought “this can’t be good”, and there he was. Maybe he followed me home from somewhere?

And I also noticed this guy, stuck inside my base… I’m thinking it’s time to move and build a new base elsewhere lol

Just back from the Aurora, and I built myself a PRAWN suit, was sad to find no hull pieces for the Cyclops. I am still missing 2 hull parts. :(

I played this game a ton in early access, and just getting back to it now, it really is magical. They absolutely nailed the feeling of swimming around under water. Such a great escapist game, glad to see it’s doing well also, they certainly deserve it.

Me and my son <3 this game so much. Yesterday we got lost entirely and lost track of time. Mom was not happy!

I still am having trouble finding magnetite. I looked around the fumaroles to no avail. Got more lithium than I could ever need. Perhaps I can armor the F out of my base lol.

Met a ghost Leviathan this morning. That is one scary mother…

For Magnetite it may be closer then you think… Try the purple shroom caves below the shallows!

Don’t worry, you’ll find tons as you discover more wrecks! In fact for most things, there are 3x-10x as many blueprints out there than needed. Just got to keep exploring.

Do what Fozzle suggested. In fact if you have Prawn suit there’s a big fat node right down in the main entrance on the floor.

heh… i never found the schroom caves, despite my nickname! guess ill have to take a good look then. does the seamoth fit in there?

Definitely take your seamoth. you will want it. Also, one of the very early lifepods is next to an entrance to the shroom caves, so it is easy to find.

Also be mindful of the snakes.

I must be in a different spot. In fact, I didn’t know there were multiple entrances!

There are multiple entrances to every biome as far as I know. I got ironically lost in the Lost River and came out a separate exit 2k+ m away from where I had entered.