Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Found it! My magnetite problems are over. What a trip. I went down. Then deeper. Even deeper. I had tweaked my moth to go to 900m. It can not go deeper in any way. So I left it and took the seaglide. At about halfway air, I called bingo and returned. There was lava everywhere at that point.

The sights this game offers! so fucking awesome. Beautiful and scary and strange. God I love this thing!

I know right!!!

So true, especially when you get to the deep Degasi base. I think I am gonna build my 2nd base down there. D:

I think I found all the upgrades in the game, the last databox I opened gave me titanium.

Something to read:

I am almost glad I don’t have a VR. This game would have given me a heart attack. Going along in the Seamoth close to the Aurora, everything is pretty tame, just casually collecting resources and checking out of the sights. Then the skeleton looking thing grabbed the Seamoth from behind. I actually let out a little scream. It might have been too much in VR. Can’t remember the last game that scared me like that.

I can’t even begin to say how much I love this game. I keep finding new stuff, so there is always a sense of progression. Last time I posted I was complaining about food and water, now that’s all pretty easy. My base is getting bigger and better and I can more comfortably get around. When I am not playing, I am thinking of playing.

Cyclops parts are the bane of my existence, still only 1 of 3 found according to my pda.

So I set out to find lifepod 2, did so and liked the area so much I set up my 2nd base there.

Went deeper after the scanner showed extensive caves and found this, but no way to activate it!

My seamoth is good to 900m now, so I went deeper! Found this beauty:

Headed back to BASE 1, and the plants I put in BASE 1 have finally grown! BASE 2 is far awayyyyyy…

Outside BASE 1, which is right near my lifepod, heh…

What to do next? Read only if you are past all the Degasi / Sunbeam stuff…

Hmm... So I stopped getting radio signals...

So do I start rocket construction?
Keep looking for Cyclops parts? Are they all near the Aurora? I would think so , but damn if I can find any more…
Head back down to the 2nd Degasi base, where I didn’t explore the area very well?
Look for the 2 other precursor bases my PDA logs mention?

Keep looking for Cyclops parts? Are they all near the Aurora? I would think so , but damn if I can find any more…

Since I got it all wrong with the radiation and what can be done about it…(I must have lost my first radiation helmet… and forgotten that there was one at all)…for a long time I wasn’t able to get anywhere near the Aurora but had my Cyclops fully completed before I finally entered the Aurora-area. Therefore… no, the parts are not necessarily near the Aurora, on the contrary, I found them everywhere but in the east.

I recall finding one of these, and not thinking it was anything that special.

Think that is where I got a model of the Aurora. Wiki says you can find the model in the Aurora, but I haven’t been in it yet.

My latest time capsule was mostly game-breaking, so I put all the gear into a special locker and have left it alone. It contained Mk3 depth mods for each of the Seamoth, Prawn, and Cyclops, two ion cells, and I think a ruby or two (I didn’t bother locking those away as I have a ton of them).

Oh I like how you did the plants in the observatory.

Finally got the final Cyclops fragment. This thing is like driving a whale. It’s great for lugging around the prawn and doing some drilling but overall I prefer the maneuverability of the seamoth.

Started building a 2nd base in a deeper biome, to give the Cyclops a parking spot, and to get away from the ghost leviathan that’s been haunting me in the shallows.

I agree. I did not enjoy using the cyclops. I did find it was easier to drive using the cameras instead of looking out the driver portal.

If I could have gone deeper with the seamoth, I would never have used the cyclops.

Same here, I didn’t find the Cyclops very fun to use. It is so big and lumbering, I call it the sea-cow. Swimming and piloting the seamoth are so satisfying, it’s a real downer to have to bumble around in the Cyclops. On top of that, it’s so power-hungry that I pretty much left it alone until I could build the thermal charger upgrade.

The Cyclops is one of the few points of criticisms I can think of about this game.

I’ll be the dissenter and say I like how the Cyclops is programmed. Since you can build lockers and all manner of stuff inside the Cyclops, having it be a quicker non-lumbering thing would almost totally negate the need for a beautiful big base. I use the Cyclops to go on deep dives and have the Prawn stationed in it. If I want to get around quickly then I take the Seamoth out from the Moonpool.

i agree with this analysis. It is almost like a mobile base. I tried putting a bioreactor in it, but that never went green. I do have a ton of lockers, rechargers and a replicator on it. Just because I can lol. It is a mobile base really.

Hahaha, OK you got me there. I never tried to put any electrical gen on it :)

How come sometimes I have a blueprint but can’t build it. As in it doesn’t even show me ingredients. I found the mod station blueprint, but can’t build it. It says ingredients not known.I assume I have to have something else built first? But what? The wiki doesn’t say.

Some blueprints require you to find and scan more than one fragment.

Thanks, I knew that, I have plenty like that, but for some reason I thought the mod station was just one. It’s not obviously.

I think having an item in your list but greyed out means you know it exists, but havent found enough parts to know how to build one.