Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

So save often b/c my ALT-F4 took 2 hours to recover.

For some reason I was under the bad mistaken impression that a save was done whenever you were in base. Nope. That’s only for deaths, not saves. (I typically saved to make sure at the end of my sessions, this was my first ALT-F4).

Redid the aurora, got a prawn suit blueprint, but I must be missing something because I thought I’ve read you can repair the engines so it’s no longer radioactive, but the repair tool did squat on anything in the engine room & I’m not finding any other paths. I did get a message while in the prawn bay “there appears to be a black box on the other side of this bulkhead” but I can’t find anything and no new paths.

I must be blind.

There are specific damage points in the engine room that need to be repaired. They look like lesions with bubbles coming out of them. Repair all of them (I think there’s a counter) and you’re rewarded with reduced radiation.

What I thought was the engine room (the water filled labyrinth filled with pipes below the prawn area), is not in fact the engine room. There is a door THAT CAN ACTUALLY BE REPAIRED unlike the other 1,000 doors I’ve encountered on wrecks (thanks Youtube) that leads to a much more extensive area of the ship. which includes the ACTUAL engine room.

Finally took the dive into the mushroom cave. Have not been much below 300 meters. Been looking for deep mushrooms>? having no luck as of yet. This game makes me jump like no other.

So, unless I’m remembering incorrectly, the deep mushrooms aren’t actually in the mushroom caves. They are in a few different biomes, ones that are also deep.

Not to say there aren’t good things down in the mushroom caves, however.

There are deep shrooms in the shroom caves. If you have a hard time finding them, perhaps you should go deeper. You know… to get the deep shrooms, man.

Damn, well I wish I HAD known that. I think I found them waaaay away in the blood kelp area, which was awesome because I found several of the items I was missing for construction at the same time while there.

Pod 2 beacon is the source of many cool things. If you can’t seem to find the one thing you are missing chances are good CTO Yu can help you out…

Did land some magnetite wile I was in the mushroom cave. Will have to go back and look around. Found some rubies and the jelly sack things so I am close to making a prawn and cyclops.

I took a deep breath and ventured into the blood kelp area. Found my shrooms and some blood kelp to boot. Now I need to find the large aquarium pieces ( alien containment i think its called ) Have the smaller tank.

Need I say spoilers? Nah.

Ok that was good. Still laughing.

Finished this off tonight, good game. I don’t like looking things up on a wiki but finding the sea crown I had to go to the internet. The cyclops driving was also a pain but those are nit-picks to a otherwise fun time (50 hours).

I also finished this yesterday and want to add to the love that people have been giving it. What a wonderful, engrossing experience! I actually felt a twinge of sadness to be leaving behind the planet that had become home by the end of my adventures there.

It takes some getting used to, but I’m getting better at being Tarzan in the Prawn Suit while I’m traversing caves.

Grappling hook and Drill arm ftw

I finally found some Kyanite while in my seamoth (had to swim down 300 meters past its operational limit), but I can’t recall the path back down, spent an hour last night trying to re-find it with no success. Am in the area of the Alien Research facility / huge skeleton area. Too many paths to too many areas from this point in the cave system.

I always carry a few beacons with me and use labels like “down here!” or “this way out” when I’m deep down in the caves. Otherwise I’d get lost so easily. Makes navigating the Cyclops down there much easier, too.

I loved the grapple/drill arm combo. I was able to kill a sea dragon using those. I grappled to the Dragon and then drilled it for some minutes while it swam around dragging me. Made the final area much easier.

Unless it was fixed, flares are excellent for this. Just throw them down every so often while exploring. It’s something silly like one cave sulfur for 5 of them. The thing about them I’m not sure if fixed was that they stayed lit forever once thrown down, not 10 minutes.

I did the same thing with a Ghost Leviathan, though it took so long that I think it’s probably less hassle to just avoid them.

I never had a problem with the sea dragons as they totally ignored my cyclops with silent running turned on. I was able to drive right up to the entrances of the final two story bases and park there while the dragons just swam around me, and then left again the same way.

so I got my kryanite, and ventured down into the lava zone, following it for 1,000 meters or so, but the constant stopping to swipe all the lava babies, combined with the gloomy waters - visibility was worthless in my cyclops - only able to see 100meter if that, I turned around and headed out.

I did pick up even more Kryanite, but almost lost my prawn to 3-4 lava lizards and a warper who seemed to be working in tandem to take me down.

I feel like i’m at a point in the story where I have no idea where to go or what to do. I’m out of clues and just wandering. Not sure what, or if anything for that matter, is down in the lava area.

My only thing is I know I have some disease that I need to cure, but not sure what to do next.

I’m going to head back up & clear out some wrecks that I haven’t penetrated all the way - still have quite a few marked that I haven’t revisited since.