Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

I don’t know if they changed this, but you used to be able to just plop solar panels on the thing, and they would work just like powering a base. That was a long time ago in early access, but might be worth a try. I’m not back to the point where I have the Cyclops again in my release version of the game.

Try running her on slow speed and not using it for building stuff a lot. Later in the game you get efficiency mods and a thermal reactor mod. Those end your woes.

Got one mod. Seems to be helping. Stopped running on silent unless I see big nasties thats helped some. Mainly using it to transport material from one base to the other atm. On a side note I had a brain fade and jumped my prawn into the southern blood kelp area. Thought no big deal have a depth mod lets go get some material… I do not have the grapple arm yet… Made getting out a super pain. Wont be doing that again anytime soon.

Found the grapple arm Hot damn. Also found the last piece i needed for the containment tank. Working on constructing a two or three story fish tank hah.

At first I was raising them for food, but then I constructed 4 of them & started a breeding program.

I think it looks cool at night

Hah dang I was thinking my base was starting to sprawl. I now know that is not the case :P

Birds of a feather …

My only real complaint is the plants don’t grow larger. I wish there was a way to transplant them so if it took an entire exterior grow bed for one plant, so that they would mature and get huge, I’d be all over it.

The kelp are good for lighting, but I think the fish really set it off, that’s why I started my breeding program…get my 3 story tank all filled up, go in ,grab 15 of them and release them around my base. Rinse & repeat.

This was my final base shot prior to the official finish of the game. I’d gotten just about all but the launch done in a pre-live playthrough. The upper 3 levels of the middle base are a three story alien containment. It got a bit whacko at the end because early on I had put a few crashfish eggs in there. Apparently those things breed like crazy.

Such a fantastic game. I want it to keep going. :(

I am closing in on it. Been venturing down into the lava trench saw that giant levi lizard thing down there. Man was that cool.

What happens when you release them? Do they swim around or do the create a cocoon?

Anything in the alien confinement is passive. But I infected my confinement by putting caught fish in there vs eggs. I didn’t keep my game going long enough to see if it would clear up at the end. But at any rate, fish spawned in there can breed if there are at least 2 of them. They are limited to 10 of the species, per alien containment. So 3 high would be 30. This is supposedly. All I know is I had a crap ton of crashfish. Sandsharks and Stalkers weren’t far behind.

I never sat in there long enough to see if they drop an egg. All I know is they went from 3 to like 15+ really quickly.

So you never gathered them up out of containment and released them back into the wild? I loved doing that as they hang around wherever you release them. I had this one floating island i affectionately called mesmer isle as i had released like 50 mesmers there.

I did not. :( Now I feel bad I did not?

Been hatching eggs. I released one of the gas guys looks like a sea cow that drops explosives. It dropped explosives on me as soon as I set it free.

I just found this today and thought I would share more information. There is a new mod community growing for Subnautica based on Nexus Mods.

And here is a reviewer that posts some of the mods and discusses them on YouTube:

My spies tell me this game is a prequel to Natural Selection*, that for lore-heads like me is a humorous idea.

• a bit of reconning may have happened, but thats beyond the point.

Dammit. I just turned on my Xbox to see if Sea of Thieves was out yet, and saw this had updated a couple days ago. I thought they’d stealth-released 1.0 and got my hopes up.

Nope. Performance enhancements, bug fixes. ‘Getting closer’ to official release.

I guess I still have time for Sea of Thieves.

I started another game, again. I just can’t help it at this point.

This time I’ve modded a bit and enjoying some of them so far. But I ran into this problem, or rather, it ran into me…

He keeps spinning around the vertical connector that goes up to a viewing room and also has my solar panels. I’m not sure if you can kill them?

Alright, so though I felt bad doing it, I went out and knifed him about a dozen times. That seemed to get him motivated to move on, he headed toward the shallows and got stuck, then abruptly spun and headed out to deeper water.

Crisis averted.