Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Yeah, at least they did one thing during development, which was to auto turn-off some of the discovery beacons after you visited them. But being able to turn them on and off at will helps a lot, so does placing your own beacons everywhere.

The ui in OG subnautica sucked bad enough in VR that I hardly played that with the goggles.

Good. I don’t use or like VR, so that’s a plus that implementing that won’t interfere or delay things more than is necessary.

Good for you! In the darkness of my despair, I will gain a crumb of comfort from knowing your needs are being met. ;)

In due time they might well hack it back in.

I think its time you sat down with yourself from four years ago and have an honest conversation.

It is quite amazing. I love how you can color code beacons and ability to turn on / off. I put a beacon on every wreck - first with the beacon name and after I’ve completely explored the wreck, put a " - done" on the end and turn it to red.

All my goddam vehicles keep getting eaten :(

A Stasis Rifle (recipe from scanned parts) and a thermoblade (modification station) can make short work of those big critters.

The stasis rifle I always have a hard time finding. It’s in the wrecks off the beaten path and usually quite deep so it’s one of the last things I get.

Up until that point, some things that can keep you safe are getting the hull reinforcement (vehicle modification station) not moving when they are around, keeping closer to the bottom and keep the lights off!

If you don’t want to spend the 2-3 minutes killing them, you can use the stasis rifle to hold them so you can escape.

The first bite typically doesn’t crush you, so get out of dodge and repair quickly.

Other than that, it is one of the most frightening experiences to get chomped on with that face staring at you.

Ah stasis rifle. Good idea.

I never completed the Stasis rifle in my 30+ hour playthrough. I only ever found 1 part. I completed and found pretty much everything else.

There’s a shock pulse for the Seamoth that will stop that nonsense cold.

Is that electric thing for the Seamoth passive, or do you have to fire it somehow?

You fire it with a click.

I have a new Cyclops but I’m too scared to take it off in the direction I think things are (Bloodvines and a big skeleton) as I’m too scared of losing this one too :(

Decoy torpedo is your friend. :)

LK I know this game is good --why am I reluctant? Is there a lotta swimming? And sharks?

Yes there’s a lotta swimming. Also some sharks.

The sharks are friendly!

Fire with a click or hold and release for a stronger pulse.

The paradox of the Cyclops is that one is always too afraid to use it for anything. They’re so fragile, and comparitively defenseless. I ended up just using it as a PRAWN transport.