Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Yep, but there is sod all about. The sandstone seems to give titanium and copper all the time no lead well 1 on 50 or so on

Sandstone gives lead, silver, gold. Limestone gives copper, titanium. Are you sure you’re breaking the right ones?

I haven’t played in a long time, but I think depth used to be the determining factor for what you got breaking stuff if it had multiple drops, i.e. better stuff was deeper. If you’re at a shallow depth, you’ll never get X etc.

Try looking in the kelp forests, particularly in caves and near the very bottom. Sandstone looks a little rounder and more orange than limestone.

As was mentioned you will not get copper or titanium from sandstone.

You will want to check out kelp forests, or the red grass looking areas and it’s more oval/round in shape than the limestone which is very angular.

Edit - Or, as I just discovered earlier, you can also find plenty of goodies in the mushroom forest. If you’ve gotten the radio call for pod 13 just go there. Didn’t see anything aggressive there and there’s plenty of resources to be had. I’m W/NW of the shallows/Aurora. There might be more than one mushroom forest, but that’s the one I’m currently at.

OK that makes sense, sandstone and deeper if poss, I have found lifepod 13 so will visit again.

Thanks for the help.

I always had a problem finding silver. I had mountains of gold, but never nearly enough silver.

1.0!!! Soon!!!

You're invited to a very special livestream, four years in the making. Please join us in 14 days for the launch of Subnautica, live from @MontereyAq in California: https://t.co/K7aGHx2xNb pic.twitter.com/X0gAfcT6Uf

— Subnautica (@Subnautica) January 9, 2018

Yep! Can’t wait. I’ve been holding off on a new playthrough for like a year for it to release, but its been hard! I loaded it up this week just to taunt myself, and it looks so much better then it did. Then I put it away. I can wait another week…right?!?

It’s hard for me to decide what to do as I play it on the Xbox (looks awesome on the big screen). It has got the eye candy update. But I’m neither sure how far behind the PC it is, nor when they plan to release on that platform.

So it’s hard not to really dive into it when it might be months before release.

There’s a post on their forum talking about the Xbox version. Apparently, within a week or so of the PC version going live, they’ll release a patch adding the ending, so Xbox players can experience that alongside PC. Then they’ll work on bug fixes and performance for a little while longer. So it sounds like Xbox is a month or two out?

Thanks. Sounds worth waiting until the ending is added at least, just in case it requires a restart.

Fired it up for the first time in 6 months. Boy does it run much smoother now. Here’s to a positive 1.0 launch.

Big update out on the PC today, but not the final 1.0 release (it’s the one being sent to the press for review): https://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/just-quietly-subnautica-updated/

Ah that’s the one I just played for a bit.

Yeah, that’s me, too. I’ve had to tear myself away the last week- I’ve pretty much made it to the ‘endgame’ part of the story, and want to save some for the final release, though I do have huge portions of the map I haven’t explored yet, so that’ll extend the time as well. It’s really amazing on Xbox now.

I am glad to hear the Xbox version is in good shape. I tried the demo back when it was first put up and it was a pretty rough experience.

From what I have read the release of 1.0 won’t contain a massive patch, just release the ending. So, I don’t think there’s any reason not to start playing it now! So far, having a good time.

I was thinking it was such a peaceful place until I went up to a stalker and tried to scan it. In fact, the stalker AI is rather encouraging. I like that there are fish who won’t beeline at you at first sight, but are willing to try a chomp or two if you piss them off.

But they’ve been releasing massive patches every day for the last week instead! ;)

Just hope we get some VR improvements.

I am extremely concerned the Intel patches are going to kill this game’s performance negating all the progress they made over the past 6 months. Steaming data is hit hardest and Subnautica’s data streams were what was killing much of the performance before. Unless they changed the entire game architecture it used to stream tens of thousands of individual tiny txt files from the HD that related to every sector of the map. That’s how it knew what was where and if something had been removed, mined, dropped, or built.