Subnautica - SCUBA, Unknown Worlds, drowning

Public service message: The, “go live,” is today, (Tuesday for most of the North American folks.) Be sure and check for updates on Steam and if necessary, restart steam to validate.

God speed to you guys shipwrecked from the Aurora.

Just thought I’d add that for anyone not interested in using a map that isn’t technically in-game, liberal use of Beacons (you can turn their visuals off when you aren’t using them) accomplishes the same function. I just got in the habit of always having 2-3 on me and dropping them on biome edges and labelling them stuff like kelpforest/redgrass or mushroom/bulbs.

They cost 1 titanium and 1 copper so it really isn’t much of an investment and really sped up my travel times.

I did the same, and that’s probably how the designers meant for it to be played. I do sometimes wish there was a real map, still, though. The scanner room at full range is seriously cool, though.

For those wishing to view the launch stream on Twitch, details can be found here:

Launch time for east/west coast:
EST - 9.15PM, Jan 23rd
PST - 6.15PM, Jan 23rd

Damn it. You guys talking about this makes we want to get back to it on Xbox. Trying to wait for the official release!

They’re live streaming from the Monterey Bay Aquarium? That’s pretty cool.

I thought the release would have happened by now. So does the final update go live when they do the launch stream hours (from now) later tonight?

Correct. It’s part of the stream, the Steam update release. Just for PC, however. Apparently Xbox gets the final version a bit later.

Just to be clear, that countdown is also the time to that patch release on Steam. Also mentioned above, but games played and saved now on the current rev WILL BE COMPATIBLE with the final release.

Also a nice write up from RPS going over future plans. The summary, further content depends on how well the release sells.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier in a thread around here. Xbox is getting the ending added in the next few days, but they’ll be working on performance and big fixing for a little while. I want to restart and play through the final release (though it runs way better now than it did before) to competition. It’s gonna be agonizing waiting.

indeed it will. it makes ne wonder why they spit the dates.

Xbox has always been behind in content and performance for them- I’m mostly used to it. PC is very much their lead platform. They got it into good shape and content-parity last month with the Eye Candy update, but there is definitely some work to do.

To be clear, I don’t hold it against them or anything, especially after that last update. They proved they could get it running well- something many were doubtful of (including myself, a little). Just a little while longer.

I got a tiny 8 Meg update. Is that the 1.0 update? Can’t find any notes on it.

It is releasing when they do the live stream, at 9:00 PM EST I believe. See link above =)

Its happening!!! Soon…

When does the Xbox version get achievements? Asking for a friend.

Almost 4 minutes into the twitch stream, and nothing has happened.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn’t say nothing has happened, I mean the chat window has devolved into some kind of Nasty Leviathan…

The livestream appears to be having technical difficulties. Maybe they could release the patch while we wait…

Steam is live now… I don’t see a release button. :(

So as of the offical 1.0 launch, there are around 1.8 million owners!