Suggest awesome Halloween costumes

This might be the year I’m getting surgical scrubs and tennis shoes, and going as a sexy nurse.

That site has 1870 pages in its sexy costumes section. Here are some great ones.

Sexy Mrs. Potato Head.
Sexy Racial Insensitivity.
Sexy Whatever The Fuck This Is.
Sexy Remote Control. With bonus “IT’S CLEVER BECAUSE HER BOOB SAYS MUTE.”

That’s not Sexy Potato Head, it’s Sexy Potato Torso.

On me it would be far more authentically potato-shaped.

But it turns your torso into a second head.

With just a couple of modifications, you can turn those into this: geekologie.com/2009/12/31/cookie-monster-hunter.jpg

And even more amazing is the price tag.

Sexy Phantom of the Opera.
Sexy Institutionalized For Her Own Safety.
Sexy Yeah Sure That’s Rated For Spacewalking.

That site is mind-boggling.
Tween costumes, including “Barely Jailbait”.

This year I’m doing the Hunter S Thompson/Fear and Loathing thing. Easy…bucket hat, yellow-lensed sunglasses, cigarette holder, Hawaiian shirt and flyswatter. Instantly recognizable, and no matter how fucked up I get at the parties, I’m still in character.

That’s awesome.
I have a baby and I’m going as Galifianakis. Too bad you’re not in Los Angeles.

Group or couple costumes are easier to pull off since they reinforce each other. The wife and I went as Chistopher Robin and Tigger one year. Tigger can look like a generic cat and Christopher Robin takes some props and might not be obvious by itself, but both together make it pretty clear.

That’s a Winnie the Pooh reference for anyone that didn’t catch it. And if you don’t know who Winnie the Pooh is, I weep for you.

What’s even funnier is that it’s sold out.

That’s to say nothing about the Sexy Ninja Turtle or Sexy Optimus Prime costumes. They want $169.95 for the latter!

So when they officially license the costume, do they know there will be a sexy version or do they just not care? I was pretty surprised to see that there’s a whole line of sexy Disney costumes, including Alice, Tink, the Princesses and Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. They call them ‘sassy’, but they’re clearly meant to be sexy. It’s kind of un-Disney. Then again, sexy Optimus Prime and sexy Big Bird are just fucking weird.

The trend I found most disturbing are places that offer mommy/child costumes. Saw a lot of these at the Halloween party at Magic Kingdom. Two year old dressed as Peter Pan, mom dressed as sexy Tinkerbell. Five year old dressed as Prince Charming, mom dressed as sexy Cinderella. Little girls dressed as Flora, Fauna and Merriweather, mom naked with a Sleeping Beauty hat. Just a strange phenomenon.

There are over 1000 costumes under “sexy” on that site btw.

And the 100 or so costumes that aren’t “sexy” are indistinguishable from those that are.

I do think it’s amusing/strange what Halloween is morphing into this “show as much skin as you can” thing for women.

There are no words for this one. Well, none that are particularly polite, anyway.

Hmm. I could get a bunch of red/blue Tic-Tacs, a lab coat, and a stethoscope and go as Sexy Dr. Mario.

This sums up Halloween pretty well.

Perfect for drunkin college parties you mean! But yeah seriously, that is terrible.

What other venues do folks have to express their sexuality?

Dan Savage had a good blog post on this (last year I think) - saying that Halloween had always been the sexy holiday for gay folks, but the heteros were claiming it now.

Essentially he said ‘Hey, run with it, have fun.’

I want to go as Captain Planet, but I’m starting to feel like it might be too much work/money. Plus it’s no fun to have facepaint on all night.