Suggestions for future improvements to our forum software

Sometimes I’ll pause a Youtube video, and it will start playing again when I scroll down the page. What is causing this?

If you pause you give the video focus. If you are scrolling scrolling scrolling and then you tap space, it will definitely start playing the video again because the video still has focus and space means go. Is that what’s happening maybe?

Maybe, except that I rarely use the space bar when browsing websites.

There are probably a couple other buttons it could be. Also it could be a million other things specific to your browser/plugins/pc/etc… :(

Comparing GIF and embedded videos is like comparing PNG with JEPG. There are times when each one excels.

I believe this is a legit bug @arrendek I’ve seen it before. You can probably repro it. If you can fix it I got CASH MONIES 4 U 🤑

The existing HTML 5 abbr tag should work for abbreviations like LoL

like <abbr title="League of Legends">LoL</abbr>

(not sure that works on mobile at all, either)

I personally don’t find it particularly compelling, it ends up looking like a bunch of words are underlined like those crappy ad plugins, and it’s not that useful to anyone except newbies… of which the total proportion of views is tiny. So everyone suffers with extra junk on their screen so the 2% of people who hadn’t seen that abbreviation before could figure it out. Not a good deal.

I wonder if you can CSS the underlining away. It’s really obnoxious looking, like you said.

That one sounds hard enough I’d probably have to charge my hourly rate. :)

The New Music 2017 thread is a good place to reproduce the video thing. That’s where I always run into it, anyway, since I play a little bit of a video, pause it, scroll around, and then try to hunt down the video that just started playing so I can pause it again.

Does anyone know why I can’t back button to Qt3? Instead I get a message that I’m offline and have to load the page again. This doesn’t happen with any other website. Using the latest version of Firefox.

Firefox with crazy-ass plugins, perchance? Does it repro in Firefox Safe Mode?

That seems to be it. I’ll just have to live with it. Thanks.

Edit: It seems that Firefox does not have the option to automatically open a link in a new tab. Have to do it via right click. So be it.

Middle click doesn’t work??

Well. It does. But I never middle click. It feels wrong. :)

But it’s your best friend! :) You can open new windows in Win10 by middle clicking the icons on the taskbar.

This works in Windows 7 too.

Has something changed that blocks my mouse gesture extension from working? I am using Gestures for Google Chrome with Chrome 63.0.3239.108 (64 bit) on Windows 10, and now gestures don’t work in the qt3 tab.

Edit; Huh, it suddenly started working again.

Edit; And it stopped working.

I think we talked about dates before. I was just catching up on Games of Thrones thread and was reading the discussion after an episode. The dates was showing April '15 and I thought it was 15th April… and then as I continue to read, the discussions went to the next episode and it was still showing April '15! That’s not very helpful. I wish we can just put 12.04.15… there’s enough space on the topic.

Hover your mouse over any date to see the full date and time. Or click / tap it.