Suggestions for future improvements to our forum software

Bestest…!

Oh ok. I was being lazy and didn’t check. I’ll take a look later. I can see how they would be useful on newer forums with fewer posts.

They should be suppressed now.

Ok, this is done now, too.

Thanks!

This is too clever a solution. Please redact it.

I think you’re smart enough to figure out the difference. I believe in you!

Do you have some kind of ambiguous date fetish?

I guess I’m into the whole brevity thing, El Duderino.

Damn pesky extra two digits!

If you count the apostrophe, there’s really only one extra character.

Actually I begin to wonder the point of this thread.

Feel free to refer to the first post.

As we get further down the list, more of the requests become personal niggles, better solved with local browser customizations, rather than Discourse issues per se.

There are some search improvements coming (not just in:title but also more natural title match bumps), and large/small fonts is now a one-liner in CSS.

Here, I made this in MS Paint.

Use @arrendek’s browser extension code if you need it:

Was also linked upstream, but here it is again for your clicking or tapping convenience.

Thank you!

I can’t get the script to work with Greasemonkey. I click on RAW and I see nothing like an install button or script. What am I doing wrong?

@wumpus I find that when scrolling down a topic, next posts are loaded predictably and that the browser doesn’t hop around. However, when scrolling up a topic, I often get to the point where Discourse is loading the next batch of posts and then it seems to jump me up some unknown number of posts and break the continuity of my backwards reading. I can’t tell if this happens because some of those posts load images in a separate thread and the images push the topic around or what’s happening, but it’s pretty common and sort of annoying.

I see the same thing often, same conditions—weird jumps when scrolling up. iOS, Safari, iPad or iPhone. Never bothered mentioning it because it’s hard to nail down.

Hey, I’m going to reply to you over in the script thread. :)