Suggestions for future improvements to our forum software

Not easily because Discourse hasn’t got that far with its theming support yet. :) Its not impossible though. Anyway, its up to Tom at the moment. I’ve pointed the issue out and we’ll see if he wants it fixed.

How is this done Stusser?

Right-click, select “block element”. You can block pretty much anything that way.

Chrome, Safari or IE? I’m on Chrome.

You’ll need uBlock Origin installed

Or you can just switch themes. The header is mostly for the benefit of search engine traffic so you wont find it on other themes.

Ahh that explains why I didn’t see it, OK.

Thanks @stusser and @Synth

No wonder I feel that I’m the only one protesting. Sure, will change theme. All the more reason to bring in Big Font in Solarized Dark :) :)

Any other Chrome users experiencing frequent lockups? That is, Discourse will appear to freeze for about 30-40 seconds, while the browser is otherwise still usable. Appears to be unique to using Qt3 or possibly any Discourse site.

Early on when this started, I turned off “Use hardware acceleration when available” but it didn’t seem to help.

Nope. I haven’t seen that on desktop or mobile.

I haven’t seen this. I use Chrome on my desktop and my tablet and phone.

I should have did the disable extensions test before posting. It’s the LastPass extension, which is arguably the only extension I consider to be indispensable. Qt3 is still worth it, though, so gonna try to live with the inconvenience for a while.

I gave up on the LastPass extension because of this. It froze up far too many sites for me, regardless of whether it was storing details about that site.

The only site that extension breaks, for me, in Chrome, is Qt3. In Firefox it’s only an issue when I use certain JavaScript-heavy administrative forms on Drupal sites. I’m thinking JS is a big part of the problem.

Works fine for me, but I do use Firefox as my primary browser.

Sorry for the hiccup a few minutes ago – I saw some issues in the logs and “rebuilt” discourse to see if it would fix them. Let me know if you see additional issues.

Likes are broken.

Just curious. Is there a reason that I’m getting a delay on loading pages/threads? In the beginning it was instantaneous. Now it takes a second or two. I get to watch the little circle spin. Is this due to an issue of threads getting longer and longer?

Wumpus was hosting the site on fancier servers than Tom’s springing for on his own. That’s probably related.