Suicide Squad - The Joker, Deadshot, Harley Quinn, and Boomerang walk into a bar

And the new Harley is hot and funny and crazy and I am somewhat in love with that chick from the trailer.

And also I hope there will be no Hate for the new Joker. The film seems to be more like in dark comedy genre, so he won’t be making long philosophical monologues everybody loves from Heath Ledger and they would hate Leto. But the thing is - there is just another type of a Joker. Ledger was good, he died, it was sad, get over it and embrace the new Joker with smile.

Uh yeah, I’ll be sure and get right on that, whoever the hell you are.

His is a valid point though, there does need to be new variations on the Joker, no need for the same old same old.

I agree, and I quite like the purple leather coat and the look of his face, but I think the crim tats are a bit too much. Too “common” for the Joker. Crim tats are all about solidarity and tribalism, the Joker is the crazy individualist par excellence.

And yet one of his posts complains about Will Smith playing Deathstroke because I guess variety and change is ok for the Joker but not for Deathstroke? That kind of kinks his credibility there.

Okay, I’ll follow you down this rabbit hole…

Please cite other, non-animated representations of Deathstroke in films.

Both Deadshot whom Smith is actually playing appears in the CW series Arrow as well as Smallville and The Flash. Not sure why animated versions are restricted but since the Flash and Arrow versions are the same, there are at least 2 other live action versions out there.

Deadshot whom Smith is actually playing appears in the CW series Arrow as well as Smallville and The Flash. Not sure why animated versions are restricted but since the Flash and Arrow versions are the same, there are at least 2 other live action versions out there.

I can’t tell who’s arguing with who about what.

Welcome to the Internet!

Have you met anyone with tons of tattoos? The way they talk about them, getting inked is the most individualist thing you can do.

Ok, I just saw the word crim. Yes, those tats are like “brands”. But I am pretty sure those are prison tattoos all over the joker. Too legible.

I can’t imagine the Joker wanting anything as permanent as a tattoo. Same reason I could never see him having a “lair”, because that implies experiencing the same thing twice, which isn’t his thing. This is the guy that doesn’t kill Batman because life would be too boring without him in the world. But that’s just my personal interpretation of The Joker.

The trailer is effective as heck, for me. They are right to play up the dark comedy aspect. Makes it feel like The Dark Knight meets Deadpool. Dark, but not serious and funny without being “wacky”.

Then again, The Phantom Menace had an amazing trailer…

Well at least the trailer is hitting the right tone. Seems like they learned a thing or two about making a movie with a ridiculous concept from Guardians of the Galaxy: don’t take yourself too seriously. Considering the increasingly grayscale world DC seemed to be headed for, this is a good thing.

I still have my reservations about the movie, but that trailer looks to hint at some good ideas. Namely: the heroes/ villains should be having fun.

Yeah, I loved the cracking a sneaky beer moment.

That trailer was fantastic. I love the first trailer too, the music especially was brilliant (that Begees cover, haunting as hell), but this was crazy. Definitely my most anticipated comics movie now. Hell, they even managed to make Jai Courtney look interesting and awesome. What an achievement.

Yes, that was exactly the moment I had in mind.

Yeah, exactly - the “worst … heroes … ever” tag sort of cements that feel.

Welp, it’s either going to be dreadful or rather excellent, I don’t think there’s going to be any middle ground with this one. Hoping it’s excellent, as DC really do need something cool to start catching up to Marvel now. If this turns out to be sort of the DC equivalent of GoTG (getting a fun little ensemble going with characters most people haven’t heard of), I’ll be a happy bunny.

I want this to be good and I want this to be successful. Anything that will get WB out of this DC-must-be-grim rut they are in.

Well, and because I like funny action movies.

Amen to that. There’s a difference between “realistic” and “grim-with-obligatory-desaturation”.

Superheroes have always had the two possible directions they can go, the “what if superheroes were REAL?” direction, and the “whacky 4 colour fun” direction. It would be great if DC really could pull off the former style of movie to differentiate themselves from Marvel, who have definitely gone more in the “whacky 4 colour fun” direction, but while Nolan managed to do it with the first and second Batman movie, he failed in the third, and while Snyder succeeded with Watchmen, he failed with MoS. (And judging by the trailers for BvS, I’m not sure he’s going to succeed with that either.)

It would be amusing if the success of this meant a sudden rush back to the editing studio to take the filters off BvS :)