Summer 2018 Shows

Just got done watching Impulse and I can’t praise it enough. Maddie Hasson is sensational.

Not all new, just new seasons for some, but my summer shows are:

Humans
GLOW
Patrick Melrose
Atlanta

The final episodes of 12 Monkeys are all out there now.

Anyone still watching Preacher? I’m still addicted to it, its a shameless guilty pleasure!

Nah, I’m bailing on this season, and would have done earlier if I’d known how season 2 was going to pan out. Skimmed a couple of AV Club reviews and it sounds like my issues with last season are if anything getting worse.

I’ve just started watching Claws from TNT, which actually was a 2017 summer show and is now airing season 2 this summer. Heard about it from an interview with Niecy Nash, which is well worth the listen, and I’ll be damned if I’m not having a great time so far. I’d never have given “Florida nail salon crew drama” a chance but don’t be fooled, it’s about gangsters and family and drugs and all kinds of craziness. And hilarious at times, too. The stripper funeral procession alone must be seen to be believed.

Awe yeah this is on tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAi1OZr2ewI

How the heck did I miss this one? Finally a great reason for having created this thread :)

I actually really liked season two but I’m hating season 3. It’s like it lost all of its humor and now is just a giant bummer.

This felt like a show from 30 years ago. And not a good one, rather a Saturday-morning-just-after-cartoons slot. Xena had better production quality even way back then.

It’s so jarring I was honestly wondering if the whole thing was intentional for the first five minutes. It was like a show you would see running in the background of a game or other TV show as a parody, like the cop show in The Good Wife. I’m tempted to keep watching it was kind of mind blowing.

Anyone else watching this? I have a weak spot for horrible restaurants getting torn a new one by Gordon, then fixed up and made successful.

Looks like its a success as it was renewed for a 2nd season.

I am! It’s almost exactly like Kitchen Nightmares but with the disguise and time-limit gimmicks. Still enjoyable if you like Ramsay’s shtick (I totally do).

Yeah, forced to agree…finally tried to watch. It’s a endurance tester lol

Yeah that first episode was not good. If episode 2 sucks, I am done. :P

I caught an episode of this yesterday on Fox. I really don’t understand what is to be gained for the people he’s trying to help by limiting his help to only 24 hours. It just seems like a big “fuck you” to the people he’s helping. As in “I’d like to help you more than 24 hours, but I’m a busy man and I’ve got better things to do”.

Anyone watching Lodge 49 on AMC? It’s right after Better Call Saul. There was a Fresh Air segment tonight on it. Just showed the second episode.

Yes. It reminds me a bit of Terriers, which I loved.

New favorite show: Condor

Inspired/re-imagined from Three Days of the Condor (which I’ve always loved, although I’ve never read the book). Condor is really smart and well adapted to today’s issues, as opposed to the original movie’s main fear from the 70’s: Where are we going to get our oil?

Season 2 has already been announced.

Wow, where did that come from? Never even heard about it and its already done its first season?

Just started on Americans this afternoon, so not really looking to dive into a new show at the moment. Heard good things about Americans, so far 2 episodes in, it seems interesting enough.

AMC has had enough hits that I’ll give any of their shows a look, but after one episode, I doubt this is going to be another hit. The problem is the lead isn’t really funny.