Summoner Wars iOS!

I guess only one more day for them to make a June release.

Aww, you got me all excited when I saw the bumped thread.

GeeWhiz is a master tormentor.

I am a Dad of four so I have a lot of practice!

;>)

Ascension is in its 11th straight month of league play here, while another game, Neuroshima Hex, which to my mind is even better because there is less luck and more strategy, is puttering along at about a dozen players. I expect the same would happen with a Summoner Wars league, sadly!

I had the same experience with the boardgame that Tom did. I not only didn’t want to play again, but I wanted to stop playing during the game. But I really wanted the game to be great, so it’s a pleasure to read your post above, Nephrinn.

The other great thing about Summoner Wars is that it is a great game to get your sons playing something besides a fast paced video game. My experience is that younger boys really love it. My daughter likes it too.

That is welcome news, too!

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if I like this game a lot once it’s on iOS. Fiddling with the cards was tedious. It was like playing Ascension with a real deck of cards. Ugh! Some games are born to be iOS’d.

While I’m an avowed boardgame fanatic, frequently time prevents me from enjoying setting up the game, getting people to the table, etc. I have less patience for a game that needs any amount of setup nowadays and the iOS versions make this nice. I wish FFG would kick their iOS offerings into high gear. I want more of their in-house games there, like Runebound/Runewars, etc. I’d like Gears and Arkham Horror, but they’re technically licensed products and they may not be able to do that.

You jerks stop bumping this thread and getting my hopes up.

-Tom

Furrealz.

Ascension has me jonesin’ for more.

I totally agree with Tom!

Ohhhh…I am such a bad boy…being a thread bumper!

Seriously, do games come out on Sundays?

No, usually Wednesday-Thursday. First in NZ AppStore.

Hey, you guys remember to bump this thread when the game comes out, okay?

-Tom

sadface

I hate you all.

I’m sick of constantly searching the App Store for this. Could someone give this thread a bump when it launches? Oh, and shine some kind of bat signal in the Montreal sky, too?

I remember when I was a kid you could send in some cereal box tops to get the bananasplits club kit (anyone remember them)?

Anyway I begged my mother to send the boxtops in (also cost fifty cents). I waited and waited and waited for that stupid kit to arrive in the mail. It took 6 weeks!

This summoner wars iOS feels like that!

I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football every time I click into this “updated” thread. This time for sure, nope. That makes you all Lucy. Except now I’m Lucy, and still Charlie. I need a therapist now.

That’ll be $0.05.