Super Bowl 2018 Ads

Now that SHOULD be the commercial.

I knew the internet would come through. That’s much better.

I agree, completely. Blowing millions on an ad to tell people how generous you are … FFS, go help Puerto Rico with that money. It annoys me when people or companies toot their own horn about good deeds or giving help during catastrophes.

Perfection.

WTF was up this year with so many ads being all sappy and bathetic and “lets all hold hands and sing Kumbayah” ish?

I thought this was the worst crop of ad for a SB that I’ve ever seen. And espcially bad were the Coka and the Yoplait ads that basically said “hey, don’t give a shit that we put a bunch of artificial shit in our food and studies are now showing we are poisoning people, THIS IS THE AGE OF TRUMP, you can eat whatever you want, fuck science!”

For the Hyundai ad, they should have had the spoiled rich kids of the family that controls the company come out and thank the customers for all the luxuries and vanity projects they’re able to afford.

On a topical note: when will people learn that we’re not quite ready to digitally de-age people without the result looking creepy as shit? #steventyler

Oh is that what that was? I couldn’t figure out why they turned Steven Tyler into James Franco.

I don’t think they’re really stingy so much as expensive, like increased their rates a lot for everyone the last round or two.

The sad thing is… the message was done pretty well, the visuals were good it’s just… selling a truck…

Bud was attempting to humanize the brand this year and get away from horses, a fair amount of people don’t know they shipped water when needed.

I liked the Bud Knight, I’d watch a series based on the exploits of him totally not getting involved in any battles and just trying to find the next watering hole.

But so do a lot of other companies. Patting yourself on the back for your charity is just unbecoming.

You’re not suggesting that companies donate and never tell anyone about it right? Because that’ not true. Aside from the expensive slot, I thought the commercial was fine, well-done even.

Neither @TheKingCenter nor @BerniceKing is the entity that approves the use of #MLK’s words or imagery for use in merchandise, entertainment (movies, music, artwork, etc) or advertisement, including tonight’s @Dodge #SuperBowl commercial.

The King Center (@TheKingCenter) February 5, 2018

Not at all. I’m saying that spending several million dollars on a SuperBowl ad, to tell everyone how generous you are, is bound to rub people the wrong way. The immediate question that come to mind is “couldn’t they have spent that millions of dollars on something more worthwhile, like say, more charity?”

I’d say the same thing of Hyundai last night, and probably others as well.

They buy an ad every year. If they put their horses up, would you have felt the same way. I mean under that qualification, none of these companies should have commercials and should just donate all the money instead. Usually we horses for the same price.

I mean, somebody thought this was a good idea:

I’ve spent a fair bit of time in coal mines, and I do not think that is a realistic portrayal.

(Good grief, yep – WTF were they thinking? To whom are ‘sexy coal miners’ meant to appeal in a brand-building sense?)

I missed that GE ad. Yea, that is one stupid ad.

Oh, agreed, but this just feels even more crass and self-serving than usual. its sort of rubbing it in the face of the poor…“We gave you some, we expect you to buy our products now.”