Super Crate Box

14 is pretty good. I only topped out at 20 after 2-3 hours of play. The weapon/character unlocks are for the total number of crates collected, not per game.

Yeah, but certain characters and the other game modes unlock on a per game basis. Has anyone unlocked the SMFT?

I’ve unlocked it on 1 and 3, 2 is proving hard. I’m not T enough to actually try it though :P

I so far have the crocodile, the astronaut, the hair dude and what looks like a burnt dude. I don’t foresee getting much else :P

I love how all the weapons are truly unique. You can get into some serious reactive zen with this game. Wish my 360 gamepad worked though, not sure why it’s not getting picked up. :/

Couldn’t get the 360 controller to work with the game. So I used Xpadder with it.

Left thumbstick assigned to Left, Right. A assigned to up (jump). Start assigned to Esc. X assigned to Enter (for the menu), and Right trigger to X (for firing).

Wow, this game is hard. I got through the tutorial, but the first real level is harsh. Especially when the crate spawns on the upper level near where all the enemies come in. Using xpadder makes left and right a little too sensitive. I might have to increase the dead zone the next time I play.

Odd. Works perfectly on my machine.

Did you have to do something special to get it detected? Is it a wireless controller? Did you just switch it on and try to use it in the game and it worked? Or did you have to go into options and do something special?

Btw, it works okay in Xpadder now that I’ve increased the deadzone on the left thumbstick and reassigned fire to X, that feels better than using the Right Trigger.

Ah sorry, nope - it’s the wired controller. And I simply plugged it into the PC.

Ditto.

I probably won’t bother getting the wired 360 controller. Can you guys elaborate on what the controls are for the wired 360 controller? Is it just the left thumbstick for movement and then A to fire? Or something different?

Default is left thumbstick to move, A to jump, X to shoot.

Which does make weapons like the dual pistols, where you have to rapidly press the shoot and jump buttons simultaneously with precision timing very difficult. I’d like to try it with a trigger or shoulder button for shoot.

Unfortunately, doesn’t seem to allow remapping of the controls.

• Alan

Can somebody just confirm the contents of the rar for me (my paranoia is acting up)…it looks like the exe and a downloaddll.dll.

What’s that extra dll for?

In my extracted rar there was one exe (supercratebox_v101) and one dll (downloaddll).

I’m just guessing, but I think the .dll handles score uploading.

I’ll ask in the GAF thread where one of the creators was available.

Very fun little game. I like the sort of snap decision-making required to go for the next crate, depending on where you are, where the crate spawned, what weapon you have, and the current enemy configuration on screen.

I don’t have a PC gamepad, and my hand is feeling very cramped. I unlocked the second character by scoring 25 on the first level, but I couldn’t make it to 40, nor could I even make it to ten on the second level.

My record so far is 49 crates. SFMT mode unlocked!

Something else unlocks at 100 crates; haven’t gotten there yet.

Up to 69 crates on Normal (first map). Scoring 20 in SFMT unlocks Ambush mode, where the creeps spawn randomly throughout the level like the crates do. I’m up to 8 crates on that mode.

So what is different in SMFT mode?

More enemies.

Just started on this, it’s great. Also, frustrating. That goddman disc gun, those goddman mines… always arriving at the worst time.