Superbowl

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Eagles pull out a win, but I’m not picking against the Patriots.

And Tom Brady is a good quarterback. Super Bowl week is so tedious that radio talk shows start talking about how Peyton Manning and Brady are just products of a system.

The whole NFC was the picture of parity. I think the spread of talent was more evident, whereas the good teams in the AFC had a romp through softer teams. Miami was almost a guaranteed win to play against. I don’t think the Patriots were as tested as the Eagles were. I still stand by my prediction. People are giving the Patriots too much credit.

The whole NFC was the picture of parity. I think the spread of talent was more evident, whereas the good teams in the AFC had a romp through softer teams. Miami was almost a guaranteed win to play against. I don’t think the Patriots were as tested as the Eagles were. I still stand by my prediction. People are giving the Patriots too much credit.[/quote]
Your post intrigues me. The NFC was easier as a conference, yet the NFC-homed Eagles had it tougher? Looking at both teams’ schedules, it only slightly favors the Eagles, however. I don’t see a rompage inequality, save Philly’s weird slump at the end against the Skins and Dallas. Funny you mention guaranteed-win Miami, the only team besides Pittsburgh that the Pats lost to.

I look at it this way: McNabb and the Eagles have played bad in the playoffs. Brady and the Pats never have, they’ve always played better, and have played their best in the Superbowls. The Patriots beat the league’s best offense in the divisional playoffs and the league’s best defense in the AFC championship game. What’s left?

Yeah because it’s really important for sports figures to wear a suit to the Superbowl.

You are the biggest killjoy man. Relax a bit. The man just made it to the big game after blowing it 3 times! Damn right he’s gonna tool around with a camcorder.

:roll:

Flashback to the last Eagles appearance in the Super Bowl. Dick Vermeil clamped the team with a strict curfew and they wore there ties and jackets, etc. Meanwhile, the Raiders acted like, well, the Raiders and took full advantage of the game’s New Orleans site. And, of course, the Raiders completely smoked the Eagles in the game.

Of course, for the Patriots, this all business as usual now, and it kind of makes sense for them to take a business-like approach. We know that team is going to be too tight.

Meanwhile, I think it’s a good thing for McNabb to show his teammates that he’s loose and having fun. I give the Eagles a much better chance if they act loose and play the same way.

Jeezus, where is everyone? It’s fuckin’ tied late in the 3rd quarter. No Super Bore this year.

Good Super Bowl but in the end, NE experience and coaching staff makes Philly look frazzled.

• Terrible clock management by Philly.
  • McNabb makes 3-4 really poor throws that could have been the difference.
  • Rodney Harrison catches more balls from McNabb than Freddie Mitchell.

Nice clock mgmt. Did Philly think there were five quarters? I was going batshit and I don’t even care about the Eagles. I imagine about half of Philly just had a heart attack/stroke/nervous breakdown watching the last five minutes of that game.

Yeah they let the clock run from 4:00 to nearly 2:30 without doing a damn thing. A couple spiked balls could have landed them an extra minute in the end, easily. Not that it really mattered; New England molested The Eagles near the endzone on the final series.

Yeah, my stomach was in my throat for at least the last six minutes, but:

• We did a fucking lot better than anyone thought we would.
  • We had them sweating down to literally the last minute.
  • If McNabb had been at the top of his game instead of being off in the first quarter and positively rattled in the fourth, we would have won.
  • We are going to win the Super Bowl next year, against New England or anybody else.

Was it just me, or was the camera direction really bad? There were a couple times when the camera zoomed so far in that no one had any idea what was going on, and a few times where they totally screwed the audio up.

[size=7]BINGO[/size]

We win again!
That was one of the best games I’ve ever seen.
At least the Eagles showed up, unlike Pitt or Indy. For the first time in years, I actually thought the Pats might loose. I think one of the guys I watched with is still recovering.

XPav- Looked ok on the HD feed, but there were a couple of commericials that were cut in have vertically- very strange. Alot of dropouts , and they upcut the local feed almost every time.

Oh, best damn halftime show ever. For once they got it right.

The pre-game rollout of various groups was completely lame.

What was with the coin toss? It didn’t even look like it flipped.

I don’t think it did. We were watching it really closely actually cause my friend was like “Who’s that little kid they got? He’s so tiny, I’ll bet he won’t even flip the coin,” and then he didn’t.

It absolutely didn’t. The kid basically threw it flatly up into the air two inches and then it fell flat on the ground.

Also, consider this: I guess you can’t really give the MVP nod to someone on the losing team, but if there was an award for Most Valuable Player That Didn’t Get Used Enough and That’s a Big Part of Why His Team Lost (MVPTDGUEaTaBPoWHTL), T.O. deserves it.

Having Owens out there playing definitely helped in that arena.

No argument, but that’s hardly something new. I think the Panthers did a better job of it last year. Pinning the Eagles on their own 4 is not a very close second. I mean, that ensuing pick wasn’t too shocking.

I don’t want to pick on you too much bags, so I’ll leave this one alone.

Okay! But you’ll have to beat the Niners in the NFC champs game PALLY. [/Superfan 99]

I thought it was a fairly sloppy game on both sides of the ball for both teams. The Patriots had a good stretch in the second half when they increased the lead to 10, but there were an awful lot of stupid penalties. The Eagles clock management was incredibly bad. It was a good game in that the score was close, but I found the poor execution by both teams disappointing given how well both had performed up until this game.

I also thought almost all of the commercials this year were pretty lame, with only a couple that seemed worth their $2.4 million/30 seconds (or whatever the price was). I liked the Mustang convertible one, and I thought the first monkey one was good but lost its impact when they milked the joke for three more ads.

My feelings

• First Quarter was lame. A great job by both defenses, however. But, after a slow start, we saw some good scores by both teams. My favorite was that TD that went up the middle from Donovan and went inches away from 2 people covering the receiver.

• Eagles did very well outside of their turnovers. If they weren’t turning over, the were making good plays.

• NE I felt did a decent job, but nothing over the top. They just took what Eagles gave them and came out on top.

• I’m really confused at some of the Eagle’s decisions. Spending a timeout in the second half for no good reason, then taking their time when there was less than 4 minutes left. I felt like screaming out “hurry the fuck up!” a few times.

I was voting for the Eagles only out of my sort of “rooting for the underdog”. Its good to see the Patriots go down in history, though. I was rooting for them on the last two Super Bowls.

Now, outside the Superbowl.

• I really liked the Fed Ex commerical that put in “the 10 things needed for a good Super Bowl commerical”. That was probably my favorite. The business-finding website was also good.

• Maybe this is just a local thing, but I saw a lot of advertisements for drug supplements. I’m confused how companies like this can afford a Super Bowl commerical. I understand that some are successful, but the commericals were compartively low quality, and I don’t see a company like that having millions of dollars in its advertising budget.

• Simpsons is getting a bit lame. There was some good jokes, but it goes so sloowww in comparison to Family Guy and the new American Dad. I really wish we still had Futurama, so we can get some new characters and their own observations. Yes, we get that Homer is a frickin’ idiot. We’ve been aware of this for years. Now its just getting insulting. It also seemed to feature a lot more gore that ever before.

• American Dad was so awesome. I can’t put words to it. This show is going to rock. It did seem to be really pushing the boundaries, though. I was surprised that you could get that stuff on TV. Maybe I just haven’t watched enough TV, but it seemed a lot more “out there” than Family Guy. Maybe its just that gold fish.

Thats about it, hehe. I had a good Super Bowl. A lot of good food.

I don’t want to pick on you too much bags, so I’ll leave this one alone.
[/quote]

ROOFLES

Dude, did you not see that would-be TD pass to Westbrook that didn’t happen because of a bad throw? Normally, McNabb would have made that. That alone would have put us up by four, even if he still made the rest of those bad throws, we still didn’t pass to T.O. enough, etc.

Westbrook isn’t getting nearly enough blame for the tremendously horrible decision to catch that ball at the 4. It didn’t cost them the game or anything, they would’ve lost anyway, but jeez. What did he think was going to happen? The Eagles did a really shitty job of clock management throughout.