Superman and Lois (CW) - Not Krypton, not a cousin, not a butler origin story.

Well I’m on board.

This looks really good so far!

Though why is Master Chief there at 0:24?

Superman gets married to Lois and moves back to Smallville?

I did not expect that after Superman 3 & 4.

Superman will have a new weakness – slow rural internet speeds!

Wait. Superman just says “fuck it all” and goes back to Kansas to be a dad?

That looks like it might be reasonably mature.

I suppose he can leave most of the world’s problems to politicians and law enforcement. And if there’s an actual world wide emergency and he’s needed for something big, being in Kansas is virtually the same as being in Manhattan.

Bold choice giving supes a five o’clock shadow. He obviously can’t shave so the actor will need to maintain that stubble for years.

I thought Superman used his heat vision to shave?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvkDcrbLP2s

But is that canon?

Why aren’t you guys more excited about the “Walker, Texas Ranger” reboot?

Did anyone watch the pilot? What did you think?

Eric Deggans at NPR really liked it. I heard his review on the radio the other day.

I watched the long pilot this week and thought it was pretty good. The writing, acting, and cinematography seemed to be a cut above the other CW-verse shows. It felt more like a movie. I think it was a good idea to put Superman in a different context (married to Lois with teenage sons) than the usual stuff we’ve seen a hundred times before. It made the whole thing much more organic and relatable. Rebooting a wifi router was even a plot device – what’s more relatable than that?

My only concern are that the kids are gonna ruin the show. I don’t wanna see puberty turn them into supes or something. I also don’t care about their problems. I guess what I’m saying is, Everybodg Loves Raymond did kids right.

I wonder if they’ll be able to maintain the quality, the Arrow and Flash had serious dips in quality after some time.

The problem with this take is I suspect the kids are the point of the show. That’s why you set it in a time when Superman has been established for ages and put the show in Smallville - it’s an origin story, but not Clark’s. And I for one am into it.

I really clicked with this - the tone was very different from other CW shows but it felt like mature content being handled well. The “secrets to create drama” stuff that annoys me started here with them not knowing their own dad was Superman, but resolved almost immediately and that alone was a breath of fresh air (I figured it could also have gone where they find out he’s Superman in like the season finale, for example, which would have been frustrating). I’m digging it. And it looks incredible.

Does anyone else wonder if the one kids looks like a young Tom Welling intentionally? I think it’s the hair.

I haven’t had a chance to watch yet but it’s waiting for me on the DVR. The number one thing that has me excited when I have time is the actor that plays Superman. He’s just… perfect. I loved his appearances on Supergirl. If that guy doesn’t become a huge star from this, well, I’ll be very surprised.

This was really due to the 20+ episode long seasons, all shows should be 10-13 episodes per season. :)

Okay, just saw this - and I was very pleasantly surprised.

The show had quite a few places where it looked very much like greenscreen behind the actors, but the story, pacing and actors all did quite well.
If they can keep the kids at that level of being kids, its going to be fun, I think.

I’m glad they dealt with the secret off the bat as the whole concept of the show is Superman’s work-life balance (so to speak) and it would quickly get boring if the only person he could really talk to about it was Lois.

I’m also glad we got to see more of Tyler Hoechlin’s awkward Clark Kent as we didn’t really get to see that part of the performance on Supergirl. Even as Clark he was fairly smooth on Supergirl IIRC since he was mostly around his cousin and such for those short bits.