Superman - Man of Steel

I figured it was high time to retire the “Nolan takes over” thread since that’s woefully wrong.

Here is the first official image of Henry Cavill as Superman in Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel.

Have at it.

Press release:

BURBANK, CA, August 4, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures have provided the first look at the new “Man of Steel,” revealing star Henry Cavill as Superman in the film from director Zack Snyder.

The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).

Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.“Man of Steel” is being produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

I feel like he borrowed Aquaman’s tailor.

Yeah, why does Superman need scaly armor?

Man, Christopher Reeve was the perfect face for Superman.

H.

I dunno, it’s time for a new take on the character. I kind of like date-rapist Superman.

I’m actually more okay with that shot than I expected.

He’s wearing Aquaman/Thor’s costume and half-crouching in a Wolverine pose, with Jayne Cobb’s determined expression on his face.

Interesting.

I don’t like the texture on the shield, makes it look rough and dirty. The emblem should really stand out from the rest of the suit.

Other than that, looks fine.

I couldn’t figure out what I didn’t like about the suit, but that’s exactly it.

And he is robing a bank why?

Maybe he got punched into the vault door?

It’s a reimagining of Superman: Quest for Peace. He is solving the economic crisis by throwing all money into the sun.

When was Superman from Jersey?

LOL I thought the same thing. Also, does he shop for costumes with Spider-man?

I’ll be honest I want to like this and Spider-man, but enough with origin stories. EVERYONE FUCKING KNOWS IT BY NOW! Between this and H. Zimmer saying no Superman Theme (big mistake), this film already has two strikes going against it.

This.

Win. To be fair, in the other images that leaked the other day of Cavill with the Super-do, I thought he looked the part. He just looks so damn greasy in the above image.

Is it me or Superman has no eyebrows?

I don’t hate it, but it isn’t exactly knocking my socks off. More imagery is needed…

Most of that cast is way too good for a Zack Snyder film.