Supernatural

Supernatural started very slowly… but it has maybe find it´s pace? I remember watching the first episodes and thinking “meh just ripping off horror stories from other, most acomplished sources” and that the acting, dialogues and pretty much the whole feel of it was big meh.

BUt then, in the second season, they appeared to have fully embraced their ripping off other stuff with a pasion, and humour, I didn´t see that much of in the first season. I mean, the one “Grounhog day” ripoff episode was funny as hell.

Also, their relationship seems more real, less forced. And I finally started liking the Dean character. Glad they got rid of the bar shit too.

Overall, I like it very much.

I think the show has gotten better and better every season.

Heh, I just saw the “Ghostfacers” episode, is this a new one? I can never tell because we usually get series 1 year late or something… but I digress.

Loved it. Great episode, horror, a bit of nasty stuff, fun and at least ONE likeable character (besides the Winchesters). Mucho meta too.

Yeah. It’s from two weeks ago. It and Bad Day at Black Rock tie for best episode of the season for me. Possibly of the series.

While my all-time favorite is still Nightshifter from season 2, those two eps are just AMAZING.

Anyone else watching the finale having issues with the CW’s HD feed cutting out? It keeps dropping it from HD widescreen to SD widescreen so it doesn’t take up the whole screen, but the bug advertising the Gossip Girl finale stays HD, so it pretty much covers a quarter of the effin’ screen.

I just saw the finale and…wow…just wow…I’m out of breath, numb and exhausted. What an episode…

So is Netflix (or torrenting I guess) the only option for this show at this point? Seems CBS isn’t featuring it. Got the itch tonight, but will have to wait for the DVD.

You are one easily thrilled individual, sir.

Spoilers below.

I thought it was okay. Though I’m getting the feeling that we’re only ever going to be on the receiving end of satisfying season finales every other season. Like how the only good Star Trek movies are the even ones.

The episode was jam packed with the clunky narrative I’ve come to expect from this season, though. “Dean, you only have thirty hours left!” “Now you only got five hours, Dean!” Also, what the hell happened to Bobby? And why is it that black-eyed demons always seem to forget they have telekinesis at random?

I did enjoy the scene with Lilith and her family, though. It was super, super creepy. Almost as creepy as the episode of the Twilight Zone they raided for the scene. I suppose we can at least be certain that neither Ruby nor Bela will be around next season. I almost got to a point that I liked Ruby, but god, I’m just sad we didn’t see Bela’s death. Too bad Alona Tal is already on another successful show and can’t come back as Jo.

Dean in Hell? Okay, I’ll give 'em that one. That was pretty cool. Dean’s death scene was pretty dull, though. The bizarre choice to stick a commercial right after his attack but before Sam’s embracing of the Force is to blame, really. My girlfriend cries at everything. She cried at ER because she thought that Pratt might die. Dean’s actual death? Not a tear.

Maybe it’s the writers strike, but the episode felt like it had very little build up and was executed in slapdash fashion. Oh well. I look forward to next year’s ‘my brother is dead!’ excitement.

Why would CBS feature it? CBS may be a part owner of the CW, but it’s not gonna be on their site. Last week’s episode is available for streaming on the CW’s site. The finale will probably be up by Monday.

Thanks. I rarely watch shows on the web, so am not really up to speed on where to find what in many cases.

Admittedly, the torrents will probably have 'em up by noon.

Looks like my statement about Alona Tal being on a successful show was a bit too early. I could have sworn that early in the writers strike CBS had confirmed that Cane would be back. Apparently I completely imagined that, though. It’s gone.

Bring back Jo!

Am I the only one who hits up http://www.hulu.com for legal streams of TV shows?

Probably not, but I have them all on my DVR, DVD and on my portable media player, so why bother? ;)

I’m gonna say you’re probably the only one who hits up Hulu.com for legal streams of Supernatural. I donno what kind of elite hacking you did to your browser to get a CW show to show up on a site primarily made up of NBC and Fox shows, but that’s pretty impressive. More advanced than I’m capable of. Mostly for CW shows I go to cwtv.com for the legal streams. And for CBS shows I go to cbs.com. Sometimes I hit abc.com for legal streams of ABC shows.

oh, right. Hulu links to cwtv.com for supernatural. Cheaters.

Just started season 3 here.

Season Two was amazing…except for the finale which was a little bit…I dunno. Season 2’s finale wasn’t bad, necessarily, just a little too predictably done. When the first episode of season 3 didn’t grab me, I sort of put the series aside, figuring they were finally done.

I was wrong.

Holy crap was I wrong.

Had I been smart enough to keep watching for the third episode of season 3, “Bad Day At Black Rock”, I would’ve seen the smartest, slyest, funniest “horror-themed” bit of entertainment since the peak of Buffy and Co. Now I’m up to the Bedtime Stories episode, and well, the line “Could you be any more gay??” made me giggle so much I had to stop for a bit.

This really is an excellent bit of television. It has the occasional clunker episode, but always seems to pick itself up and get back on track with a seeming effortlessness.

Bad Day at Black Rock and Ghostfacers were the highlights of the season.

Anything else with Bela in it would be the low of the season.

The clunky narrative toward the end of the season would also be a low.

And then there’s the underwhelming season finale.

Now that she’s available and they completely shit the bed with Ruby and Bela, I’ve just got three words for the writers and producers of Supernatural: Bring back Jo.

I wouldn’t mind that, bit I think the fandom community (which is like, 98% women) would implode if that happened.

Thanks for the tip. Now I’ll keep an eye out for conventions!

The show is starting again early September, according to TV.com. The episode name is going to give you a good idea about the content. Not really a spoiler, since it’s predictable. It’s just HOW which will be interesting.

I also hope they bring back Jo.