Sure, crossbows will be cool in State of Decay 2, but what I really wanted...

At this point, toting a crossbow smacks of hipsterism. Like listening to vinyl.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/11/15/sure-crossbows-will-be-cool-in-state-of-decay-2-but-what-i-really-wanted/

Points lost for capitalizing Arthur, but not God. Come on, School of Divinity. Don’t get caught up in the nihilism of today’s emoji-driven youth.

In this context, the reference is “oh god”, used as an expression, not referring to God.

Sure. From the expression, “Oh God.” I get it, man. It is still not proper, unless you’re an ancient Greek or Roman.

Wouldn’t “Oh God” be blasphemy?

God damn your ridiculous questions!

I was watching the Easy Allies reaction stream when this trailer came up and they just laughed about how obviously ineffective the crossbows appeared to be given all the pincushion zombies being shown. Great weapon if you want an ambulatory coat rack, I guess.

At this point, toting a crossbow smacks of hipsterism. Like listening to vinyl.

I beg your god damn pardon?

Also, Daryl using a crossbow on The Walking Dead is one of the only things that makes much sense about that damned show. If you’re going to use a projectile weapon why wouldn’t you go with the silent option?

Well that was the point in the beginning, wasn’t it? Things have changed a lot. It’s more of a soap opera now. They should change the name to The Walking Wounded.

Because the dumbass you always get teamed up with keeps using the Colt Python he’s had since he was Sheriff of Georgia or whatever.

-Tom