Surviving Mars - Paradox Strategy

Gamers With Jobs

https://www.gamerswithjobs.com

Great community and great podcast.

Thank you!

Here is the podcast. Talk about Surviving Mars at 19:05

And here is the video of the playing:

I went with the First Colony Edition , NO REGERTS!

I’m tempted to get it too - surprise, huh? I’d just get the standard version.

I’m going away in June for around 7 months, so I don’t know if I will get a chance to play ANY computer games during that time. I’m tempted to get a Switch to tide me over.

I wanted to get Pillars of Eternity 2, but I think with the delay I might not have time to play it a ton before I go. Well, maybe I could.

FYI, probably the lowest price I’ve seen outside of questionable key sites… If you are a Fantatical Newsletter subscriber, check your emails, they have a 20% off voucher offered for VIPs.

Standard Edition - $31.95
Deluxe Edition - $39.94
1st Colony Edition - $59.92

Thank You. I listened to both for a little bit. They spend a lot of time getting set-up, and just kind of chattling… Brussel Sprouts is a joke? Anyway, too long to listen in full during working hours, but I don’t see or hear anything that says it’s a no. I will wait for a release but it could be a buy not long after release. I didn’t hate anything I’ve seen or heard, so far.

Fanatical and GMG have it for about the same price. I probably wouldn’t be able to play ant expansions until January, so if they’re good I can wait until then. I don’t care about skins or cosmetic stuff.

!

-Tom

I can’t imagine going anywhere that PC gaming isn’t an option. I’d pack it before taking clothes. :P

Unless… Will this help?

Get_out_of_jail_free

The cops finally caught up with me…jk

My wife is planning on doing a sabbatical in Grenoble, France, so the family will be going there from mid June to early January - baring anything unforeseen.

Come September she will be working and my son going to school. When the weather is warm enough I imagine I will do a lot of hiking - I love the mountains. When it gets colder, I’m not sure what I will do.

This trip is going to be way more expensive than I’m comfortable with, but it is her dream to live in another country for an extended period of time to really get immersed. She will still get her salary from her job here, but no pay from the university she is doing a sabbatical at.

I’m not planning on packing up the computer and bringing it. The case is enormous. I don’t have the cash to just go buy a decent laptop and the one we have is just about dead (and probably couldn’t handle most stuff anyways). So…I don’t see myself playing computer games during this period unless there is a cheap way to rent a PC once I’m there.

A friend of mine went to Japan to look for a job over the last 6 months. He has the same PC issue so he carried on all his PC parts except the case and power supply and bought cheap ones when he got to Japan.

You can come back a grandmaster of Through the Ages.

Nintendo Switch is the answer. :)

Switch won’t give him PC Gaming. If he is just going for gaming, like any gaming, a cheap Amazon tablet would give him some fun titles. With cross platform games he can even pretend its a PC title.

Lol, so you recommend a cheap Amazon tablet over a Switch? Enjoy! :P

(note the Switch has many games that are also on PC, like Skyrim, Doom, Rocket League, Bayonetta, and heaps of indies)

The Switch is 400 dollars. The tablet is 50. Clearly cost is a consideration, he said so.

You could buy a used i5 ish for probably a couple hundred bucks. Used comps are really cheap. You could easily get a rig that would at least run most stuff for very cheap. Could probably sell it before you leave as well and end up not spending hardly anything.

I’ll have to consider my options. I’m going to wipe our laptop and reinstall it back to its factory state to see if that helps. My wife may be able to bring a serviceable laptop from work too.

I do like Through the Ages and own it. My son has a 7’’ Amazon Fire. I have a 9’’ Nook HD+, and my phone. So I can play some stuff. I typically don’t do much gaming off the PC.

I can bring my PS4 and hope that the apartment we get comes with a TV.

A Switch would be cool - but $400 is probably a bit much. I wonder how something like Zelda Breath of the Wild plays on the little built in screen.

You could do better than 400. It retails at 299, no games, but it seems, well I don’t know, like most would want to bring at least 1-2 games with you and Nintendo games are often excluded from video game sales

So I figure gaming on a budget, cross platform, temporary over sees, why not a tablet:? If you can find a used laptop, great… assuming you want to spend less than a couple hundred dollars. That’s a big assumption of course.