Surviving the Aftermath - What Happens After You Survive Mars?

Good luck getting people to watch videos in this thread buddy, ha ha!

I have no plan to revisit. Every aspect of the ‘game’ was shallow/simplistic/irrelevant once you got past the initial ‘grocking’ period. Nothing I have seen in more recent videos or the forum posts leads me to believe that some kind of update-miracle has occurred that totally overhauls every system.

At least they had the guts to realize how dumb their colony gate/upgrade system was and put that out of it’s misery. My many other complaints seem unaddressed though.

Believe me I hope no one wastes their time watching that video (or their money buying this ‘game’).

I watched and commented on your video!
I saw it was part 9, you played this game over 8 hours!

Actually I bought this game quite a while back, it’s one of the few game I own on Epic that I paid actual money for. Haven’t yet spent a lot of time with it but I will have to give it a spin when 1.0 releases. Just to see for myself.

Ok that made me lol for real!

Is there a video, explaining this joke?

It’s not much of a joke, Spect was giving me grief upthread about posting the 1.0 release video but not posting the release date.

It is actually a metajoke, us old geezers don’t watch videos about games, we want manuals or press releases, preferable on stone tablets.

And still no release date from you guys… The game is leaving EA on 16th november.
I bought this on Epic back in january. Tried it for about an hour or 3. Let’s really dive in this game when it hits 1.0x.

Kids these days, with their videos and streams. It’s so complicated! Just tell the town crier the date so he can inform us all.

BTW, this is also having it’s “Last EA discount” during the Paradox Halloween sale. 25% off - $18.74.

I will be! Though I’m curious if there’s going to be any changes from the latest beta to release except minor balancing tweaks between now and then.

After @Vormithrax 's posts up thread, I am hesitant to buy it without people reviewing the 1.0 version first.

I am sure it will be 25% off again by years end. :)

That’s true. Thanksgiving and Christmas sales yet to come and Paradox games ALWAYS go on sale.

Anyone playing? I see there have been 3 updates since release.

I put in 30 hours in early Jan, first update I believe.

I restart a couple of times and made it to the middle game, but not the end game.

It is not a bad game, and the UX is improved considerably from early Access. it is just not very original. The fights are pretty generic, as are the characters. I don’t remember having the feeling that I found something that was super exciting,or was really compelled to keep playing.

I enjoy learning new games and moving up the Chick Parabola, but I never felt compelled to reach the top, much less ride the parabola down.

DLC…