Survivor 41 - 26 Days Later

Starts next week. I’m curious to see how the abbreviated schedule will affect the editing. I always took each episode as reflecting 3 days - one for politicking, the reward challenge, and the final challenge and tribal. I’m sure there are no plans to reduce the number of episodes, so we’ll see what happens.

It was…underwhelming. The tiny groups make things different but I’m not sure it makes them more interesting. Challenges were fun, except the poor yellow team’s oar being in a bright yellow net. Maybe the other groups had their colored oars hidden in similar colored things but I didn’t notice that. No one to really dislike yet but JD is trying way too hard. For the love of all that is holy I don’t want half my episode to be various sob stories. And coming out of Covid that seems like all they’re gonna do this season.

I liked it. I think a little too much time was devoted to the show patting itself on the back for the diversity. Embracing diversity is all well and good, but you don’t have to keep congratulating yourself for it.

Other than that I think I like the changes, especially that two tribes had to go to Tribal. Not sure yet how I feel about the Die of Destiny, or whatever it’s called, but it could be a good thing if not overused.

Still too early to determine who to root for and who to hate.

So what happens if the other idols are never found? Is he just screwed out his vote for the rest of the game?

The activity in this thread is underwhelming, and I can understand why. This has not been a good season. I actually quite like many of the players but the producers have decided that this season, they were just going to totally go overboard with gimmicks. There are advantages galore. People losing vote. People getting extra votes. There a shot in the dark gimmick so somebody desperate can luck into immunity. There’s so much of this that it is impossible to keep straight who has what.

After a late start watching this on P+, finished it last night. I know a lot of people here were not very interested/not fans of it - but I found S41 to be the most interesting one in years.

Survivor for me has been in kind of a rut, and that the actual survival elements were less and less important. This the quicker more brutal (riceless) version in S41 reminded me of the anything goes chaos of the early seasons where responding to the elements really factored into play - in a good way. Loved the immediate reveal of the winner also - feels like you get more of a reaction when it takes place in the moment versus months later.