Survivor: Ghost Island

This is so true. This cast is one of the most clueless we’ve seen in a long time. The fact that they tried to make Kellyn and Wendell into “strategy players” shows how bad the season’s been. The only players who showed strategy were Dom and Bradley, and neither one of them was great. Michael had some good thoughts, but he never really pulled it together long enough to do anything other than survive for a bit.

There’ll be a normal final 3. They just will have a few quick eliminations.

By the way, has anyone been a worse Survivor player than Angela? I respect her service and she seems like a very good person, but she’s just utterly clueless and physically destroyed at this point.

That would explain Laurel’s play. She seems to be smart enough to understand her strategic situation, and then uses that information to make the wrong choice. She has stated herself that she can’t win against Dom or Wendell. She knows she needs to take them out to have any shot of winning yet she consistently goes with keeping Dom and Wendell in the game.

This has been a slow steady boring march to what seems to be an inevitable victory by Dom.

Not a bad finale. Terrible season, but I was happy about who won.

I’m glad the show is going away for a few months. It’s the kind of season that makes me question if I even want to come back.

Yeah, completely agree. I still haven’t gotten through the reunion, so don’t know what next season is, but this season will be lucky if it doesn’t cause at least a small exodus.

Despite that, I feel like I’ll be back as I suspect I’ll feel differently then - for me, the game is like watching football - sometimes there are good seasons/games, while others are busts, but i like the underlying game and strategy.

I do feel like there are increasingly too many idols/advantages/lucky swaps that make it more difficult for strategic play to dominate, but recent winners tend to be at least among the better, more strategic, players in their seasons, so there haven’t been any huge busts in a while.

I do think that another dog season though and people will start to leave in droves. The editing is increasingly annoying too - I’d rather get a broader sampling of each player’s play/strategy rather than this season’s trend to turn people invisible to do more editing storytelling.

Finale was quite good. It still doesn’t make up for a lacklustre season though.