Swype like keyboard for iPhone?

My company just gave me an iPhone5. Does it have anything like Swype? I got used to it on my Android and typing one letter at a time drives me nuts.
I found one app in the iPhone store but reviews were very bad.

Sadly, no. You can probably find something, but it will have to be self-contained. There’s no way to replace the keyboard system-wide. This is one of iOS’s great failings.

Swype on the iPhone is worth upwards of $20 to me … hear that, app developers?!

I’m sure they would be happy to sell it to you, if apple let them.

That said, android 4.2 has a swype-like keyboard now, so it’s a direct advantage for them. I wouldn’t be surprised to see apple do something similar.

That’s terrible. I knew there was a good reason for being an Android fanboy :(

I’ve had an iPhone for years now, how is swype different from other keyboards?

Not using Swype is like typing with one finger.

When typing a word, you don’t tap each letter, but instead sweep your finger from letter to letter. The app is very good at picking the word that you meant. It will also adds spaces between words by itself. Doesn’t sound like much I know, but once you get used to it, going back to tapping is frustrating.

Yeah, you just get vaguely close and it works. You can use swype blind and it actually still works great.

That said, with functional dictation in iOS now, missing swype is less of a bummer than it used to be.

I’ve been using the Apple keyboard because of security issues, but the keyboard has been driving me up the wall lately. Anyone using Swiftkey or Swype or Gboard or something like that? And what are people’s thoughts on the security? (I’m figuring Swiftkey is probably “reliable,” since they’re owned by Microsoft, and the same with Gboard and Google, but the whole giving-someone-access-to-every-I-type thing still creeps me out.)

I’ve been using gboard for years now, yeah. Works fine.

I like Nintype, a lot.

Nintype drives me freaking crazy. It’s certainly innovative, anyway.

It’s pretty useful in Plus model of iPhone, because you can use two fingers to type/swipe. Certainly, there is a lot of customisation and training needed to be done initially, but once you are used to it, it’s pretty awesome.

Nintype looks pretty cool. Does it work without Allow Full Access? That just seems like surrendering too much privacy/security.

Yes. It works without Full Access. But you lose the sound of typing and swiping. But that’s ok. You get the bling.