Syberia

Even though I just started playing Syberia, i’m liking it more and more as I get further into the story. It’s strange, but playing it feels like i’m sitting down and taking in a beautifully written novel. Playing it just reminds me why I love adventure games so much. Tragic we don’t have more, the genre has a lot of room to grow.

Well anyway, I know i’m behind the curve on this game but i’ve been busy with other things.

Great game… so far.

My wife is an adventure game fan and was looking at this title. We’ll be buying her a new notebook soon that will actually be capable or running it.

Can you talk a bit more about your impressions of the game, such as things that jumped out at you as being really well or poorly done?

Here’s shamelss plug for my Syberia review. (It’s also posted at GamersClick, except that the site is down right now.)

• Alan

Thanks Alan! I’ll make sure to pass that on to my wife. I just read it, very nicely done IMO.

Syberia… how do I love thee? Let me count the ways…

This game is absolutely beautiful. I can say that I haven’t been so jaw-on-floor about video game art since Unreal first put all their crap in a real time FPS engine. Seriously, even for people who don’t want to play an adventure game, play this one if only to look at the artwork. My god. I wish I had a screenshot program so I could post some particularly good ones…

:oops:

Thanks for the kind words, guys. We’re really proud to be able to bring Syberia to North America!

You could always check out the official Syberia website

You could always check out the official Syberia website…[/quote]

For some reason I always liked screenshots from fans/gamers more than ones from developers/publishers. There’s less of a “they picked this shot for a reason!” feeling and more of a “this was a bad-ass part of the game!” feeling, for me anyways. When I did game reviews, I did my own screenshots basically for this reason even though it took forever.

I was actually at that site the other night, very nice. The only problem i had with it was that none of the wallpapers were very good. :( I even sold out and signed up for the members only section but didn’t see any that i liked. Ahh well, i guess my Lasersquad Nemesis one stays for now…

For some reason I always liked screenshots from fans/gamers more than ones from developers/publishers. There’s less of a “they picked this shot for a reason!” feeling and more of a “this was a bad-ass part of the game!” feeling, for me anyways. When I did game reviews, I did my own screenshots basically for this reason even though it took forever.[/quote]

No offense, but my screenshots own your screenshots. :)

You win. Here’s your prize.

nothing.

Gamersclick isn’t down, we’ve just got more traffic than our servers can handle. (You know that, Alan!)

Anyway, Alan’s review is also (usually) available at the following link:
http://www.gamersclick.com/review.cfm?p=v&id=846

We’re in the process of moving to new servers as we speak, and we should be running on them Monday, at the latest.

My bad! The site is up, but yes, in the midst of a server move.

• Alan

Well, with any luck it won’t be the living breathing disaster of a move that is known as GamingGroove, hehe