Syfy channel's "reboot" and new logo

Yeah okay, I can buy that.
I admit that those corner logos on the screen have been a sore spot with me since they were first introduced countless years ago, and all the pop-ups along with it, so I went there, because I now always expect the worst.

It’s such a hideous logo. I guess they know their target audience, or maybe they don’t since they keep revamping stuff every handful of years.

I’ve been thinking about this more. Why was it so important to them to have a copyright-able name? They went for years as SciFi; did they have some legal problems with that name? Were they worried that another channel named SciFi would crop up, and there would be nothing they could do about it because the name wasn’t copyrighted? I’m just curious as to why this wasn’t a concern for them before, and then it suddenly became a big deal to them.

Great question, and I wish I knew the answer. My personal guess is some random suit was trying to justify his or her job and spun the idea to the board.

New logo is fine.

I gave Killjoys a second chance after seeing positive things, and this time I got into it. Not up there with Expanse or Magicians but certainly has its own charm.

Sad to see Incorporated got cancelled. Solid little scifi world there.

I remember mentioning to the wife how annoying the promo popups were, way back. I said, “You watch, they’re going to get bigger and animated and more intrusive.” I was right.

I love Killjoys. Love. Really gotta get caught up.