T-Shirt Hell is going away

I don’t know how many of you have ever bought anything from T-Shirt Hell, an online store, but I’ve always found it pretty amusing. I once bought a friend a shirt for her new baby that says, “Daddy drinks because I cry.”

Well, they’re closing, not because of the economy but because the founder “can’t take the stupidity” of people complaining about some of the less politically correct shirts they’ve carried, such as one that says “It’s not gay if you beat them up afterwards.”

Now, I find that shirt funny, kinda, but you’d be asking for trouble to actually buy and wear it, and you’re asking for trouble if you sell it or any of these other gems:

“What About All The Good Things Hitler Did”
“The School Shootings Tour”
“Arrest Black Babies Before They Become Criminals”

I’ll miss T-Shirt Hell, but if yer gonna dish it out, you ought to be able to take it. As my partner says, “Seems a little sensitive for someone who sells shirts like these.”

Wait, wait, wait. Waitttttttttt a sec.

Weren’t you humorless? :)

Seems like a pretty vapid void that will be easily filled by someone else.

I’ll be sad when they are gone, but I have a dark twisted sense of humor. My wife will really be torn up as she has a sense of humor worse than mine and loves to buy people stuff like t-shirt hell shirts.

I’m on the verge of tears at the thought of never being able to buy a “pezbians” shirt, as advertised to the left of that post.

That got a chuckle out of me.

Holy shit, I forgot.

<clearing throat>
I’m GLAD T-Shirt Hell is going away! That company was single-handedly contributing to the coarseness of our dialogue and was probably even causing hate crimes.

Better? :)

Every time I click on this thread, there’s a new t-shirt company ad at the top. I don’t think we’re in any danger of running low on supply.

No, liked the first one.

In fact I see the baton has already been passed to a number of other sites that show up in the ad banners above. Thank God!

I had always meant to get a “Girls Don’t Poop” shirt, and I thought it was too late there for a second.

Just out of curiosity, can someone tell me what this one says?

If you read the blog post Sunshine says that they were faced with a choice of either continuing as they were and possibly risking the safety of their employees or toning it down a bit, and they didn’t want to compromise their vision or something:

Unfortunately, as a concern for the safety of my employees, we don’t push the envelope as much anymore…and I can’t say I feel good about having caved in. Anyway, rather than cater to the masses, I’m just going to stop making shirts. It’s not enjoyable anymore and I have enough money to move on to something more rewarding.

I had a shirt similar to this one, and it was an excellent idiot filter. If someone got offended at it, I know they were a humorless lesbian. (note: label not indicative of sex or sexual orientation)

I didn’t wear it when I went to Holland, though. That would have been asking for trouble.

The problem with the Hitler shirt is that you just KNOW that a large percentage of the people who bought it weren’t wearing it ironically. The assholes who named their kid Adolf Hitler probably were proud owners.

Reminder: Buy More Beer in backwards script is pretty hilarious.

I dunno. I think there were a lot of “suck my dick, ha ha!” kinda lame jokes. Maybe I’m too Euro-librul for the shock effect to matter.

Respectfully

krise madsen

Mine was the Hitler European World Tour shirt, with this written on the back:

September 1939 Poland
April 1940 Norway
May 1940 Luxembourg
May 1940 Holland
May 1940 Belgium
June 1940 France
September 1940 England Cancelled
April 1941 Jugoslavia
May 1941 Greece
June 1941 Crete
August 1942 Russia Cancelled
July 1945 Berlin Bunker.

It was actually making fun of the fuehrer, so pro-nazi ppl probably wouldn’t wear it. Unless they were dumb. Which, come to think of it…

Crap! Is there still time left?! (The site is blocked at work.) I’ve been meaning to get the “I’m against gay marriage unless both chicks are hot.” shirt. Dammit.

OMG… that’s …

can’t… stop… laughing…

It’s been a long week. :(

It was my understanding that was in reference to them removing the “Worse than hell” section.

I think the worst one on there is probably the

I <3 NY with the <3 replaced with a little airplane.