Tabletop RPG Club Season 2: Fate Core vs Savage Worlds

Suffice to say I am exceptionally disappointed in you @ArmandoPenblade.

‘This episode is badly written!’

Wow, have been so out of touch forgot that I was supposed to GM. I have played neither systems so this will be interesting, but sure I will go ahead. However, I will push for an earlier (or weekend) start time.

Really glad you’ll be on-board, Galadin, though I am sad we don’t get to play together this go around!

I would LOVE to play but I am starting a new job Monday and just moved 3000 miles and my life won’t even show up until the movers bring it in ten days. So I should sit this one out, but feel free to tag me again. Because I got my Secret Cats sourcebook and OMG is it boss…

That’s awesome (the last bit) and a little sad (the first)! Hope the move and new job alike treat ya well :-)

Just a note that voting closes in about 15 hours, at which point we’ll work to divvy folks into tables.

If you haven’t filled out the signup form in the main thread, please do so!

And with a total of 15 to 2, it looks like Fate Core is our system of choice!

@mtthwcmpbll when you get a chance, let’s commune via PM re: group placement, etc., and then we can get this shindig rolling proper :-D

You don’t have to unless you’re details have changed (for example, you’d like to change whether you can GM or not) If you were in for last season, I’m assuming you’re in for this season unless I hear otherwise. No worries though, if you see your name pop up in a group and meant to duck out you’re expecting to play but aren’t in the first pass at groups, let me know and we’ll figure it out.

Just want to confirm that I’d like to pass the prospective GM torch to CraigM for this goround.

To which I thank you. I’m genuinely excited here :)

I mean, if Respondents == Players, we could feasibly need to run four groups this time around! But I think at least a couple of voters were just passerby ;-)

Hey @charmtrap, @malkav11, @Galadin, @rowe33, and @Chronic: Can you folks resubmit the form with your timezone info (or post/send me a PM and I’ll update)? It looks like we’re at 17 people playing, so four tables seems likely depending on what @ArmandoPenblade thinks is a good group size for the system. We’ll work out groups and post shortly, but we’ll go with the four GMs mentioned in the main post so you folks can start planning your adventures now :)

I failed to vote but would love to jump in a game.

Casey, go ahead and fill out the sign-up form if you haven’t already. I think Matthew’s straightening a last few things out, and then we should be good to go!

Cool, done.

Guys, this is gonna be great. I look forward to this adventure with you all!

#Part 1: Possible Groups (Discussion, Split Across Two Posts)
Thanks to the implacable mtthwcmpbll, we have the following possible groups:

Group 1: GM ArmandoPenblade (All clustered on GMT -05:00 EST)
mtthwcmpbll, @ineffablebob, @Tin_Wisdom

Group 2: GM @CraigM (Clustered around GMT -06:00 CST)
@malkav11, @CF_Kane, @Otthegreat (on -05:00 GMT, but only 1 hour off from the others)

Group 3: GM @charmtrap (Clsutered around GMT -08:00 PST; charmtrap timezone unknown)
@rowe33, @Brad_Grenz, @CaseyRobinson

*Apologies, I missed that charmtrap’s pulling out this season. @CF_Kane is the next listed potential GM, but if we don’t get another player or two, this might necessitate rejiggering groups down to three, anyway. It’s also midnight here, so I am gonna wait till tomorrow to see what CF says about GMing and others say about signing up before I re-do groups.

Group 4 in next post due to @ tagging limit

Group 4: GM @Galadin–GMT -05 (Weekend Game, very broad spread of timezones)
@Richard_Holt (GMT -05), @sungnif (GMT +01), @rhamorim (GMT -02)

These are our initial sorting, based on listed timezones and signups using the form. If a player drops, or another couple want to add, or we learn something crazy about a time zone (which has happened, since Charmtrap can’t GM), then we’ll rejigger as necessary and as described above (see preceding post).

Minor note, but some timezone listings are slightly inaccurate due to national/regional Daylight Savings time differences. In particular, the gap between rhamorim and the others in his group isn’t as large as it at first appears, IIRC.

Please post here ASAP if you think you need to move groups or change your status for this round of play; otherwise, I recommend folks cluster up in this thread, via PMs, and/or on Discord (invite link) and start hashing out their preferred gaming dates/times for the next three months!

If anyone has any questions at all, please feel free to let me know, and I’ll do my very best to help out.

Group 1 players, be on the lookout for a PM very soon :)

#Part 2: Drifters
Because I creepily left the poll results open, I know who voted and isn’t currently signed up using the above-linked form. @tork, @Telefrog, @glimjack, @Madmarcus, and @JDSIDD, if you’re interested in participating, please use the signup form and PM me or post here ASAP. If you were just voting for the fun of it, no harm, no foul, but I’d hate to “miss” you if you were interested in playing!

(I know Tom voted, too, but he’s already said he just wanted to vote for the fun of it.)

I signed up last minute… signup form added and posting here.

Just posting for fun. A fixed gaming evening doesn’t fit right now.