Tabletop RPG Club Season 2: Fate Core vs Savage Worlds

I’m not sure that I’m going to be able to GM this session. I’m in my industry’s version of crunch right now, and it will be a few relatively rough months ahead. Any chance I could raincheck this season?

@CF_Kane Yeah, thats fine, honestly. I may try to rejigger the groups to just be 4 players per GM (which is still very doable) and take us down to 3 groups, because I think we’ve officially “finished” our list of possible GMs for this season. One GM may need to take on 5, but that’s still doable.

@glimjack thanks! I’ll get you sorted in when I do the re-ordering later this morning.

//

If any of our current player pool would be willing to step up and GM, let me know ASAP, and I’ll try another 4-group sort.

Armando, I think I’ll sit this season out. The timezone differences are a factor, but there are other things happening and I’m not sure how much I’ll be able to commit.

I’m actually pretty sad to say that because Fate Core sounds awesome in so many different ways, and I’d love to play again, but I’d rather not ruin the experience for others. I’ll do everything I can to be back for season 3.

If you drop out @rhamorim that leaves our group with only 2 players and myself as GM.

I am thinking of a Sunday afternoon session time?

Hmmmm. Every other week? Maybe that would work, but I’ll have to check something out first. I’ll let you know later.

Just to note, we’re likely gonna collapse charmtrap’s group into the other three, so you’ll have a couple more folks, Galadin.

That sounds better. No matter how much I want to play, I really feel it would be better if I sat this one out. :(

Alright, tentative re-grouping requests sent to the relevant folks. Once I hear back, I’ll make a new post here with final groups, and update the first post in the thread :)

Also @ArmandoPenblade remember that @Richard_Holt said he’d probably be an inconsistent participant, so would make an ideal candidate for a groups 5th player.

As for the current players in my group @CF_Kane @Otthegreat and @malkav11 I know two of you are on discord. Kane are you? since that is likely the way I’d start for organizing the group.

Well @glimjack it looks like you are joining table 2, which is objectively the best table (@ArmandoPenblade’s hair notwithstanding). I also see that you have not one, but two!, Discord logins. so come on by, we’d love to hear from you. Right now we are doing preliminaries to get schedules done, and will start discussing how we want the campaign to go. i.e. the combat/ non combat balance etc.

Sounds good - I will hop onto Discord tonight.

#Final RPG Book Club Groups
Group 1: GM ArmandoPenblade

1. ineffablebob
  2. mtthwcmpbll
  3. Otthegreat
  4. Tin_Wisdom

Group 2: GM CraigM

1. Brad_Grenz
  2. CF_Kane
  3. glimjack
  4. malkav11

Group 3: GM Galadin

1. CaseyRobinson
  2. rhamorim, if he wants in :)
  3. Richard_Holt, when available
  4. rowe33
  5. sungnif

Groups, organize with your GMs as necessary via whatever means work best for you, and prepare to play sometime on or after February 1! If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask here.

And GMs/players, please feel free to post after-action reports from your sessions and your thoughts on the Fate Core system through the season! I hope we have a lively, but friendly, discussion :-D

Sunday afternoon probably works for me, three year old allowing.

I voted and have had the sign up sheet open a couple of times to sign up. I keep stopping and closing the sign up when I look at my schedule because I’m not sure I can manage to make a regular game. I do want to play eventually, though. Sorry if I messed anything up.

Not at all! I mostly just didn’t want you to lose the chance to participate this time around if you were able to do so, so I figured I’d ping you to double-check.

Hope to see you in a future session!

I can get discord, but I’ll only be able to use it when I’m at home–it is blocked at the office. I’ll try and get it set up tonight.

No worries! We used it in season 1 to actually do the sessions over voice. And it can even do voice over your phone (as I learned and used at times). It’s not like we’d be playing while you were at work anyhow ;)

That’s optimism, but I’ll take it.

I declare @ArmandoPenblade’s attempt to finalize these groups earlier both hilarious and ironic!

MY QUEST FOR GROUP COMPLETION WILL NEVER STOP

I mean, until it’s successful. Or everyone quits in a confused huff. One of the two.

Edit: Okay, groups finalized. Again. Probably. SLEEP NOW, I HAVE A MEETING IN 8 HOURS.