Tabula Rasa Beta

Looks like the beta’s starting. Did anyone else get an invitation? I’m installing the game now…

I didn’t get an invitation, though I applied for one.

Maybe I should have mentioned I’ve been a Richard Garriott fan for over 20 years… :P

I got mine. I had completely forgotten that I applied. I can’t wait to sit down and give some serious time to this game… I really enjoyed what I played at E3 last year.

I got one too. Figures it comes the day after I break down and buy LOTRO.

Are you guys allowed to say if you received a beta invite? =P

Probably not. Tons of people totally disregard NDAs on this forum. Which is surprising, given that most of us are or were in the industry or media.

Certainly we’re not supposed to talk about the game itself, but not even confirm that we’re in it? I’ve heard people say they’re in betas all the time.

I think anyone who’s been in the industry for over 10 years may actually be under NDA to everyone for everything anyway.

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this post, you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and acceptable use policies (“BOGUS AGREEMENTS”) that I have entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.

I may or may not have an invite that I most likely won’t use simply because the game no longer looks interesting to me. I’m already in the beta for another game that looked more interesting (though I’m rapidly cooling off on it as well). Honestly, I don’t see a “must play” MMO on the immediate horizon. The closest I get is Huxley, and that’s only because I was a big time Planetside junkie for a long time.

PM invite plox.

When did you receive the invite? I applied but I don’t think I got one, although my spam filter may have caught it.

I got my invite today.

I haven’t been able to install the game due to claimed failed checksums and corrupt data, even after trying to install the game two different ways. What about you guys?

My recommendation would be to log into the beta boards and post your problem (if no one has run into it yet).

— Alan

I didn’t get it and I’m certainly not downloading the client as we speak.

Very funny. Anyway, finally got past the trouble and am installing the game. Can’t wait to try this - wish I could describe the experience to everyone.

Pewp. No luck for me.

I guess that’s just as well since I also have jumped onto the LOTRO bandwagon and am enjoying it. Still, very curious about the changes since I saw it at E3 2 years ago…

omg, some guy named moograider is in the beta.

I would think anyone in “the industry” shouldn’t be getting into these betas anyway, since they always ask “Are you involved in the games business”, presumably to prevent idea-thievery?

This assumes people are honest on those questionnaires, though…

How big is the installer?

I haven’t got my invite btw, I’m never lucky with betas (but then I also very rarely apply).

if you’re in a position to abuse a beta program in that manner, it would be unethical to apply anyway.