Talk to me of pillows, Usul.

I’m always in search of my next great pillow. I’m also a side sleeper, and I sleep hot so anything that doesn’t cool well is out.

Ones I’ve tried:

Concave memory foam - Worked well for side sleeping but it was quite hot. Since you only have one side to use that limited flipping for a cooler pillow, etc.

Cooling gel topped memory foam - This was a great pillow until one of my dogs used it, and I mean use as in decided to mark it. Ugg. You only have the one side that is cooler but it sorta worked for a few hours anyway.

Purple pillow - The thing weighs 20 pounds, no lie. It’s horrible to move around but surprisingly comfortable to sleep on, and very cool as well. I’ve heard they have replaced this with a hybrid pillow that’s lighter, but honestly I think the whole deal works better as a mattress, not a pillow.

Overstuffed feather pillow - I bought a rather expensive overstuffed feather pillow which is my current go-to. It’s a nice pillow, feather remains very cool and easily flipped if not. And it’s also more customizable each sleep session than any memory foam since you just have to press down or pull up a bit to adjust the fill. Is your nose blocked too much, press down around it a bit. But this thing was the price of three other pillows. Not sure if I’ll go this route again.

One tip if anyone here is also a hot sleeper: use silk pillowcases. Not joking, they sleep cooler than almost any other pillowcase type, they dry quickly, and are easy and non-tacky while you’re sleeping, and stay surprisingly cool.

I got this buckwheat kernel filled pillow 10 years ago and am still using it. It’s a very different type of pillow-- you can mold it into shape and it holds that shape. It isn’t soft, it’s hard, but malleable. It’s very heavy. And it stays cool, if you’re a hot sleeper like me it’s excellent.

I don’t know if this exact model or brand is still the best a decade later, but I can vouch for it personally.

Any issues for side sleepers with them? I’ll certainly try one if they are good.

I’m a side sleeper with the added complications of a cpap and adore it nonetheless!

I too fit that description. I have both the body and head pillows. The great thing about them is I can shape them so I can support my head and neck and lay with my arm between the two pillows, where my arm gets no pressure on it.

It’s about time someone mentioned side sleepers.

Can’t really evaluate pillows if we don’t know sleep positions, IMHO.

I usually choose the thinnest possible pillow. This talk of sleep positions has always confused me. Sometimes I fall sleep on my back in figure 4, which is optimal for some light drowsy masturbation or mutual skin stroking with a partner. Sometimes I fall asleep on my belly, particularly when it’s hot and I’m sleeping coverless trying to expose my back to whatever airflow there is. Sometimes I sleep on my side, particularly when sleeping with a partner; I tend to turn away to sleep. I wake up in all of those positions, so I feel like I don’t have a sleep position. I do fall asleep very easily, but sleep lightly and shortly (max about 7 hours, usually more like 6. I catnap to make up the deficit.)

I expected information in this thread. I did not expect @Matt_W to describe his sex life. :-) But you get what you get.

Cmon now, who doesn’t masturbate themselves to sleep?

Only while crying…

I often masturbate others to sleep. I’m good that way.

The trick is dirty talk. It’s a mental thing. Just trying to help you out, bro.

I had a girlfriend that was a serious sub. One of my favorite things was sitting next to her on the subway (get it?) and whispering scenarios to her on the way home. It drove her crazy. In a good way.

Edit: If you want to spice up sexy time, tie the significant other to the bed. With sewing thread. Tell them that they can not break the thread. They are essentially tied up and not tied up.

That’s a good trick but I try to avoid subs, they always seem to want me to pee on them at some point. I don’t have anything against that, so long as it’s in the shower, but it doesn’t do anything for me and seems unsanitary.

This thread has gone places!

Blame @Matt_W . That pervert!

Dammit, Matt! This was a PG-rated forum! (it wasn’t)

It’s just pillow talk!

I finally ordered a two pack of the coop classic pillows and I’m a big fan. I had to do a search on QT3 though for “what was that pillow that armando keeps recommending” and thankfully found this (and other) threads!

But with the extra stuffing and the amount we’ve removed from both pillows, I’m pretty sure we can make ourselves a 3rd pillow.

They’re really lovely! About to take a nap on mine now

You are doing god’s work by continuing to post about them