Tariff like it's 1897, Trump's Great Economy, Maybe the Best Ever

No one knew that global macro-economic trade policy was so complex!

Absolutely incredible display of idiocy and incompetence.

Trump is the latest in a long line of idiot politicians who think they can change a free trade economy to a planned one with a few minor tweaks. The only thing special about him is the magnitude of his incompetence.

But Trump’s senior economic advisers are almost universally opposed to slapping new tariffs on auto imports, warning of dire economic and political consequences. They argue that the tariffs would infuriate close U.S. allies from Asia to Western Europe.

Goddammit, my new Mercedes C300 lease vehicle payment better not go up thanks to this BS (I get a decent deal through work, since the company is a Daimler subsidiary).

Move to Germany! Problem solved.

Und das könnte ich tun, wenn ich dort eine Arbeit (und eine Arbeitserlaubnis) hätte! :-)

Although honestly, my German has gotten quite rusty in the last nearly 30 years.

My German is probably even worse, despite having been a German citizen at one time! (I probably could get German citizenship again if I wanted to.)

Never start a sentence with ‘Und’. Well done nonetheless.

Vielen Dank. I realize now that I should have phrased it: “Ich könnte das auch machen, wenn…”

Correct, much respect for foreigners speaking German. I’m always laughing at that peanuts cartoon. German is silly and rough but I love it still. Our French brothers got all that culture and class.

Watch out for “vogeln” and “vögeln”… you won’t get those wrong on a test more than once.

EU to begin trade talks with US. Agriculture excluded, “sensitivities” around fisheries and energy-intensive products, and the Council decision notes this:

Well the EU is right to punish us for our idiocy

Trump is going to save the farmers - by working with China to target sanctions instead at those dirty liberals:

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2019/04/trump-hoping-china-will-switch-tariffs-away-from-gop-base/

It’s almost like he has an enemies list or something.

His list is so long at this point he can’t remember everyone who’s on it.

Trump still doesn’t understand how tariffs work:

He is so painfully stupid.