Task Force Admiral - a WW2 PTO carrier battles simulator

Hehe not just yet, unfortunately your friend might need to wait a couple volumes to replay Denmark Strait - but supporting us on the way there can’t hurt I guess ;)

Thank you for your kind support, fellow Frogkin!

Hello there, ladies & gentlemen!

A nice little piece by Magz about the spirit of our game, with some new original footage to boot! He sure knows his trade, and those who are into carriers will appreciate his knowledgeable commentary.

And we also had the honors of being covered by them gentlemen of good taste from Single Malt Strategy. Looking forward providing them with some actual content rather sooner than later :)

Wow that’s impressive!

Thank you, kind Sir ;)
Hello there Ladies & Gents! Time for another small-ish update

Plenty of new stuff around! Please feel free - and very welcome - to drop a wishlist click if you are in a generous mood :)

Enjoy the sightseeing :slight_smile:

Oh my!

You dirty bunch!

Here, some air to air experimentation with the AI, the ballistics & the damage models. All of this very much work in progress, but we’re just a few complex maneuvers away from having it really look like something! Nearly there - just short of a Thach Weave :)

Gimme gimme

It’s like my favorite Pacific strategy game ever, PTO 2, has grown up, moved out, bought its own place, got married, had kids, and is about to get that one last sweet job promotion to be the boss. Very much looking forward to it!

I still can’t believe this is actually happening :)

Oh god so pretty.

Is that an F4F-4?

Ain’t you happy you didn’t throw in the towel eh? Fucking microprose coming back, and not as a sham either.

Shit looks to be real!

Thank you kind Sir!

Blockquote
Is that a F4F-4?

It seems to me that it is a F4F-3 (4 * .50 cals instead of the 6 guns battery of the F4F-4) - and it has pre-May 1942 markings too (F4F-4 didn’t see air action in this scheme, although they took part to the Doolittle raid)
At any rate it’s just for the show, we’re experimenting the air combat first & foremost here. The Japanese markings don’t make sense either (it’s Zero from the Akagi air group)

Hello there everyone!

We’re still making some progress - here’s the offering of the day, if there’s any taker out there, that is :slight_smile:

In the meantime, please enjoy the ride - and your weekend too :)

Cheers everyone ! and stay safe

Thanks for the post; love the video on the Thatch Weave maneuver.

I have a few questions if you don’t mind, as these are some of the things that are most important to me. So I hope you don’t mind be being slightly selfish in hoping the level of detail of the following will be there:

• Will you have damage modeled to the extent hitting magazines will cause concussive blows, differing torpedo hits will cause the ship to list to various sides sometimes sinking faster than others?

• Will you also have damage modeled so you’ll see surface damage unique to major parts like turrets and the deck?

• Will each set of guns on a ship actually fire visually? Instead of just “simming” the bullets or projectiles coming from them? If so, will they be able to independently target? AA guns on the front attacking one fighter, while AA guns on the back target another, while the main large guns engage a ship?

• Will certain realistic catastrophic hits obliterate a ship?

Hello there!
To answer quickly to the point:

Will you have damage modeled to the extent hitting magazines will cause concussive blows, differing torpedo hits will cause the ship to list to various sides sometimes sinking faster than others?

Not sure about hitting magazines causing concussive blows - if something blows up in a magazine, concussive blows will really be the lesser evil. But concussive blows are planned, for instance for bombs & torpedoes alike - we need them at least for boiler interaction, as these shocks would often extinguish the boilers in the vicinity.

Regarding flooding, yes of course. We had some demonstrations there already:

Will you also have damage modeled so you’ll see surface damage unique to major parts like turrets and the deck?

We might go for a damaged skin layer at some point yes. When that happens, the location where the impact happened is not really the main concern, as the whole ship will be eligible for these decals.

Will each set of guns on a ship actually fire visually? Instead of just “simming” the bullets or projectiles coming from them? If so, will they be able to independently target? AA guns on the front attacking one fighter, while AA guns on the back target another, while the main large guns engage a ship?

I don’t quite understand what you mean. If you mean “does the shell’s representation starts at the breech lock”, hell no! Each gun fires of course, the shell starts its trajectory at the muzzle as it is mostly the standard in the industry. And each weapon is linked to its director (whether it’s a centralized director or just the guy manning the gun mount) so it will fire as independently as needed.

Will certain realistic catastrophic hits obliterate a ship?

Ammo detonation is possible and will happen, causing a catastrophic loss. Won’t have an effect on the 3D model though, at least not at this stage.

Cheers!

Hello there, ladies & gentlemen!

We had a new update covering the stuff we did during the Summer months. Hopefully, anyone interested in further PTO sweets might find something to his/her liking : this time we have ships, planes, tactics, artwork… The whole deal :P

Don’t hesitate to say hi and follow us on our platform, any sort of encouragement is always much appreciated :)

Cheers, and everybody please have a nice weekend!