Tax Reform Under Trump 2017

So yeah, about that Wal-Mart employee raise/bonus thing…

A whole bunch of Sam’s Stores around the country closed their doors permanently today and without notice. Employees found out when they showed up for work.

Gotta pay for that somehow. Certainly not out of profits!

All part of MAGA my friend.

“Sudden” closures are near the top of my disgusting retail bullshit list. There’s nothing sudden about these… corporate knows well ahead of time. At least my company gives the employees a week or so lead time. It’s still awful especially because they usually happen right after the holidays, when profits have been maximized and all those employees could really use a paycheck to help pay off any extra spending.

I’m sure Malathor will be here shortly to tell us how this in line with Walmart’s employee-first focus, as indicated by their benevolent raises, which they were only able to give now that their CRUSHING tax burden has been somewhat relieved.

Layoffs accompanied by good PR moves, dressed up as a positive effect of unpopular legislation. First AT&T, now Walmart. I’ll wager that we see it again.

Malathor’s way too busy working on Eric Greitens’ fan site.

Ask and ye shall receive!

1-time bonuses really move the median household income up, it is known.

The companies listed so far have been literally sitting on billions and billions of dollars. Explain to me the economics of why we’ll see median incomes actually go up to any appreciable degree as a result of the oligarchical welfare the GOP passed last month for their donor class. Because these bonuses are just crumbs compared to what they’re going to rake in, and that estimated $1.5t is based on dynamic scoring and I suspect reality is going to be a deeper hole.

The line I’ve been getting is that deficits don’t matter (sound familiar?). Social security and medicare though, those are problems that need to be dealt with.

Sure looks a lot like this announcement from almost exactly one year ago.

Turns out, manufacturers just happen to do this sometimes. It has nothing to do with the tax bill. Why would it?

Presidents always take too much credit and also took much blame for things like this. It’s not a new issue although it gives politicians and the media something to spin and talk about.

The difference is this year the companies are fluffing the Republicans while they do it so they can change a few votes from idiots who think these things are related.

Look, another troubled company that is planning layoffs. This was announced after tax reform, therefore it must have been caused by tax reform.

I’m currently in the process of reviewing early decision applications for film school and HOLY SHIT is this the Year of the Drone. Judging by the number of drone shots I’m seeing in just about every film they submitted, I’m guessing all the high schoolers in the world already own one. Go Pro simply ran out of customers.

I don’t know much about drones. Do a lot of them now come with their own cameras?

They joined the drone game rather late and stumbled right away with their first product. It was a bit of a PR disaster, and DJI hit them pretty hard, too, by releasing the Mavic.

Yes.

This is a few weeks old, but appropriate in response to the news of the Walmart and Chrysler articles posted above.

Also Walmart’s expenses as a whole are going down soon:

What what WHAT?
I thought that this tax plan was going to result in companies repatriating tons of that money from overseas! How can this BE?

Oh wells!

I am shocked. Shocked I tell you.