Tax Reform Under Trump 2017

It’s the same thing as what happened during the GWB cuts. A lot of people got a $300 check in the mail and said “this tax cut is awesome” without doing the basic math and seeing what a tiny fraction that was.

Who could have seen this coming? Except the people with basic math skills, I mean.

Somehow this will end up being the Democrats’ fault.

Ryan has since deleted this tweet. Not sure how he thought it would play well.

All the more reason for Ryan to push for more “welfare reform” aka making life even harder for poor people!

Pretty sure Ryan pleasures himself to the thought of kids going hungry. In his mind it gives them incentive to have better taste in parents or something.

I don’t even care if that Ryan tweet was real or manufactured.

Tons of folks apparently saw it and confirmed it was real before it was deleted.

I wouldn’t even double-check the most egregious hypocrisy reported on Ryan or any of the other dirtbags at this point.

This isn’t in any way surprising. The term “out of touch” is thrown out a lot, to the point where it’s a boilerplate attack used on politicians, but it is obvious when you see statements a lot of Republicans make, especially around tax reform. Or shit like this infamous WSJ piece:

Single parent with two kids making $260,000 a year. You know, just your average Jane trying to get by paycheck-to-paycheck.

Did Ryan ever get that increase in housing allowance, or whatever it was, so he could maintain a bachelor pad in DC on his modest income?

The funniest part of that tweet is that comment from the school secretary just had to be sarcastic, right? Who is pleasantly surprised about $1.50 a week? And Ryan tweets it out as a middle class tax cut success story. Hilarious. What a freaking clown.

Not sure where to put this. The US is going to borrow 84% more money this year than last, partially due to lower tax receipts (thanks to the Jobs and Deficit Bill):

Love how the GOP claims to be the party of small government and yet they are the ones driving up the debt.

Let’s start a bet on how long until we start getting “welfare is draining our company’s resources like never before”

Using ‘company’ there instead of ‘economy’: typo or genius?

Eh, genius either way.

As anticipated! As posted above:

Yeah, this has been the GOP pattern since Regan. Drive up deficit, let dems fix it, then run on a platform of lowering taxes that those darn tax and spend democrats ran up.

I’m shocked, shocked to find that massive amounts of tax-savings money are going to stock buybacks.

My end of Feb pay statement is now available. Fed tax withholding went down!!!
$6

So when are you retiring to the French Riviera?