Tax Reform Under Trump 2017

But instead they just surprise bonus increased the military budget hundreds of billions on top of the increases they originally planned! We are just stuffing their pockets full of cash because deficits don’t matter and prince Don like to look tough.

You could also increase taxation to pay for the things the government has committed to.

Sure, you could have a tax rate that was comparable to other industrialized nations, but who wants thay.?

Selfish EQ druids!

And the military.

The best tax plan.

The rich are going to liquidate their US assets and move to/occupy some European country they can all happily party together in.

We need a thread for “Stories from the Bubble” or something. For some God-awful reason a Sean Hannity article showed up on my Google Now feed (the title was “Nancy’s Nightmare” if you’re curious. I don’t want to link to that fucking twat).

I got a really good chuckle out of that obvious problem with the statement… which then devolved into sobs when I realized that the majority of drones (like my parents) just sucked that in without giving it a moment’s thought. See guys, less taxes do mean more taxes!!

Math is hard!

I literally loathe these people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/04/12/sen-bob-corker-says-the-gop-tax-law-may-be-one-of-his-worst-votes-if-new-report-is-correct/?utm_term=.036b5e5df226

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) is expressing alarm about new projections of the Republican tax law’s effect on the national deficit, saying that if they prove true, he may have made a mistake supporting the bill.

The latest estimates from the Congressional Budget Office are similar to other estimates that were available to Corker both when he voted for the final version of the bill and when he voted against an earlier version because of its effect on the deficit.

“If it ends up costing what has been laid out here, it could well be one of the worst votes I’ve made,” Corker said at a hearing of the Senate Budget Committee on Wednesday, in comments first reported by The Hill’s Niv Elis. He added in an interview with The Washington Post: “If this is accurate, obviously it’s a terrible vote.”

“If this article regarding the effects of gravity on a falling object are correct, then jumping off this bridge with my colleagues may have been a poor choice on my part.”

Stupid fuckwit. Thanks for regretting it now, you dipshit.

There’s a growing movement to revisit the budget agreement (among Republicans only, of course) and cut some of the spending increases, again of course only to domestic spending. To the tune of about $60 billion.

Some astute congressmen are saying that to do this would be reneging on the deal they made with Dems, and that it would basically mean no more deals ever again.

But if you are facing stunning losses at the end of 2018 you may not think there are many deals to be made in the near future anyway, so my guess is that this effort will pick up steam in the next couple weeks.

It’s gonna get ugly.

Do the Rs really want to cut domestic programs before the elections? They have the hardcore right in their pocket anyway, so they get those votes. Swing voters who see programs that may affect them cut may vote against the Rs.

At this point I think they whistle past the graveyard and pretend it’s all cool, and maybe talk about cutting spending after the elections if they have to discuss it. You know, just cut all that government waste and benefits for the lazy and the budget will balance itself!

This would make sense if the GOP just wanted to cut programs to serve their masters. I mean, they obviously want to kiss their ass as much as possible but they really want to screw over all those programs as well. And since many of them will be cast out (hopefully!), this could be their last chance for a while to really tear down anything remotely good in this country.

For R voters cutting domestic spending is a feature, not a bug.

Remember, this tax bill was widely seen as a huge victory for Dems. Clawing back $60 billion would be seen as a win for Repubs and maybe even count 2x for Repub trolls who just want to anger Dems in general.

I think this is what’s really driving the notion (of course, they think tearing down an social program funding is a benefit to the country).

Even in their most optimistic “starve the beast” plans, there was always going to be a period of pain and struggle. However, I suspect they anticipated being in power for another few years which would allow for reshaping programs into their GOP-idealized versions. However, several things have occurred which will impede those plans:

1. how awful Oklahoma and Kansas are looking right now (think of them as beta tests for “starve the beast”)
  2. how horribly bad Trump has been on the public stage. They probably felt he could at least sway more of the masses and keep enthusiasm high. Instead, more have drifted away from his tent.
  3. PR nightmares, both in the administration and in the public sphere

So more and more, it looks like the Dems may take the House in 2018, effectively slamming the brakes on additional social program cuts. There’s also a growing chance of winning back the Senate, which would start to make things very uncomfortable for the administration as Trump would be forced into awkward vetoes and committee positions would suddenly shift. Hence the “panic.”

Really? You think the average know nothing American voter sees a GOP passed tax bill as a victory for the Dems. I think he sees it as a GOP victory, at least until he does his taxes next year. Then his opinion may change.

I assume he’s talking about the budget, not the huge cash grab tax bill that the GOP scored for the rich.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the budget. I’ve gotten them all confused in my head.