Tech support photo diary of stupid people tricks

OK, not strictly game related, but this guy worked for Gateway and put up a photo record of computers that came in for repair due to dumb things people do. Be sure and check out the roach in the computer shots.

http://sct.staghosting.com/index.html

Very funny! I’ve already passed it on to a fellow tech support guy. I’m sure it will make the rounds in our company.

Saw this about…3 months ago? Think it was linked off Blues.

I worked tech at a computer lab in college, and another tech had a story about an older guy who couldn’t get the scanner to work. The way he told it, the guy says to him, “I don’t know what the problem is, I put the paper on and press the button but it doesn’t work.” Tech guy says “ok, let’s take a look” and the guy leads him back to the computer he’s working on - not the scanner station - and proceeds to hold his paper up to the computer monitor and presses the on/off button. “See, nothing happens!”

Might have been one of those apocryphal stories, but I guarantee anyone who’s worked tech support has seen enough stupidity to believe it happened somewhere.

That’s some funny sh-t. Thanks for the link.

We once had a customer return a laptop packed in a box of buttered popcorn. The tech made the mistake of not specifying packing material.

We also had one come in with a family of baby gecko’s.